We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Myrtle Beach

Nokesville, Virginia
Level Contributor
20 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
North Myrtle Beach

My family (me, my husband and 3 kids ages 17,12,and 11) is coming to North Myrtle Beach the week of July 11th for our first trip there. I am trying to find out which is the best golf course in the area (one that is not too pricey). What are the best restaurants in the area? Particulary the best seafood resataurants. Is Atlantic Watersports worth our time? And TIGERS Preservation Station?(my 11 year old daughter loves animals) Is the TIGERS tour worth it? I heard that it is very pricey. Are there any attractions that we must do while there? THank you for your help in advance!

Mentioned in this post
North Myrtle Beach
North Myrtle Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,962 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Myrtle Beach

I can't help you with the golf or water sports but I can tell you some of the best restaurants are in MB. My husband is not a fan of seafood so we usually go somewhere that has a variety of things. We love Broadway at the Beach, there is a ton of great restaurants and shopping. Some of our favorites are Tony Roma's ribs, Key West Grill, Margaritaville, Liberty steak house.

If i remember correctly the Tiger preservation is very expensive. They have a small station set up at Barefoot Landing where they have a few tigers and a video preview of the preservation and yiou can get more info there. We enjoyed going to the Aligator Adventure, it was very affordable and the kids got to see lots of reptiles.

http://www.broadwayatthebeach.com/

http://www.bflanding.com/

http://www.alligatoradventure.com/

Mentioned in this post
Broadway at the Beach
Broadway at the Beach
7,460 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Key West Grill
Key West Grill
1,361 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Barefoot Landing
Barefoot Landing
3,218 Reviews
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Huntersville, North...
Destination Expert
for Huntersville
Level Contributor
591 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Myrtle Beach

We have played Eagles Nest the last 2 years and have been pleased.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North Myrtle Beach

The T.I.G.E.R.S. preservation tour is $199 per person. There are coupons in the monster book for $20 off per person. If you take your picture with one of the animals at the preservation station you can get $40 off per person for the preservation tour. The picture at the preservation station costs $59. You can't use both discounts together though.

I found this great write up about the tour:

…wordpress.com/2008/…

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North Myrtle Beach

There are soooo many places to eat its unreal and you will get a wide variety of what everyone likes.

A great place to go is Murrells Inlet and the Marshwalk. Drunken Jacks and several others. There are your normals at Broadway at the Beach (BATB) Margaritaville, Key West Grill. The list of resturants goes on and on and on..

Since you dont have time to have one sent to you go online to Sunnydayguide.com and download the guide book for MB. It has tons of places with addresses and web sites and phone numbers plus some coupons that can save you a few dollars.

I cant help with the golf but Atlantic Watersports should be fine we stay in MB so we use Ocean Sports or Ocean Water Sports (it across the street from Family Kingdom and right next to Family Kingdom water park) but like I said you should be fine with Atlantic.

As for the TIGER thing well... Go to Barefoot and check out the ones they have there and how they do the pictures and judge for your self if you think its worth while. We personally wouldnt pay a dime for it. I think its a joke how they do them but thats just my opinion sooooo.

BATB will entertain everyone and I do second Alligator Adventure esp if you can go at feeding time.

Have a great trip

Mentioned in this post
Murrells Inlet
Murrells Inlet
Coastal South Carolina, SC
MarshWalk
MarshWalk
947 Reviews
Murrells Inlet, SC
Broadway at the Beach
Broadway at the Beach
7,460 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Key West Grill
Key West Grill
1,361 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Family Kingdom Water Park
Family Kingdom Water Park
109 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
5. Re: North Myrtle Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2010, 07:20