We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June 21-24 Trip Report

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
June 21-24 Trip Report

First time back to MB in 5 years. Went with a buddy for some golf and fun. Stayed at the Super 8 right up from Bearfoot landing. Really nice stay. Good staff, clean room and comfortable bed. Mini breakfast offered nice way to save a bit and not spend on breakfast each day.

Places we dined: We had a restaruant.com coupon for Phillips Seafood which is out near Broadway at the Beach. I believe this place has gone through some changes from a buffet to a world buffet and now it is a straight menu ordered. It was a bit pricy as with a $25 coupon our meal for two plus tip came to $42. My friend had the flounder while I went with the steak and lobster tail. Both meals were very good and tasty. The salad bar is a little underwhelming as was the same with the desert bar.

Another dinner was at Ocean Garden Buffet which is a part asian, part seafood buffet located up in the North Myrtle area. The choices while not in the 100+ were all very good. The rice and egg rolls were kinda bland, but everything else was very good, including the crab legs, price per person was $20.

Our other meal was at Fudruckers and well they have good burgers and my meal came to about $11 and I was full. Our other meal was at Dixieland Stampede.

Golf: We played 2 rounds, one at Farmstead and the other at Lions Paw. Outside of the incredible heat, both courses were fun to play and the staff's coulnd't have been nicer.

Other activities: We took the sea screamer out for a mid morning dolphin tour. Cost per person was $20 and it was a great blast. This boat comes with a covered seating area on part of it which made the entire trip much more comfortable. We were able to get behind a fishing boat and saw a good group of dolphins. We also went to the Gay Dolphin and that area and walked around a bit which was fun. We also took in the "classic" rock laser show at the Carolina opry for $15 per person, which lasted about 45 minutes and was enjoyable. Lastly we did the Dolly Parton Dixieland Stampede. Which is a nice show and good meal for about $40 per person with coupon.

Overall a nice 3 day return to MB, wished the temps would have been more mid 80's then mid 90's, but hey it's summer.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June 21-24 Trip Report

Thanks for posting a report. I can't imagine golfing in this hot, hot weather but my husband & sons do it all the time too.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June 21-24 Trip Report

The key is to get out early, drinks lots of water and don't play tons of rounds. We played on Tues/Thurs and on Wed did other things like the boat ride and the Dixieland Stampede. Golfers will play in just about any kind of weather though.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,517 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June 21-24 Trip Report

Thanks for the report! We were there that same time...yes, very hot!!

We saw golfers mid-day....wow! - couldn't imagine!! Heat index was 100F+

Glad you had a good time!

4. Re: June 21-24 Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2010, 06:17