We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
springfield, mo
Level Contributor
284 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestion for hotel on the beach

Considering a trip to Myrtle Beach for next month. We are a couple in our early 30s. Want a hotel that is on the beach. Would like to be within walking distance of some good bars/restaurants. Would like to spend around $150 per night, but could spend more if needed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
419 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestion for hotel on the beach

Hi,

I checked out many places before I booked the Marriott Grand Dunes Resort. Unless you stay right by either Broadway on the Beach or Barefoot Landing,

I was told nothing was within walking distance.

There are many lovely condos but if you want a full service hotel with restaurants and lounges, this seemed to be the best choice.

I don't know what the rates are for ocean or city view rooms- the rate for a oceanfront room with a full balcony was $349. The downside is they do charge for parking also.

I did see some reviews which had me a little nervous but they were mostly complaining about not having free parking, internet, etc.

Also check out the Hampton Inn Oceanfront- got good reviews- for less.

Good luck and have fun!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestion for hotel on the beach

Depending on your budget, I would check out The Anderson Ocean Club, Breakers or Dayton House. All 3 are centrally located and oceanfront. Although MB is spread out there are some restaurants, beach shops, & bars within walking distance.

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestion for hotel on the beach

The Breakers, Anderson, Camelot By the Sea or even Boardwalk are all in the 21st Ave area and only a short 5 min drive to BATB.. You have several bars and grills that you can walk to Bummz is right there.. Its a very good location..

4. Re: Suggestion for hotel on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2011, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations