We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in September?

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in September?

We are going Sept 11-19. What will it be like? Will the oca be too cool? I would think it would be like early June...am I wrong?

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in September?

The ocean temp will be fine. The only thing negative about September is hurricane season. If a hurricane has gone through right before you come, it can cool it down but I still say you should be fine.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,406 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in September?

Sept. is probably the very best time to go if you do not have school age children. Water is still perfect, crowds are a lot less and prices for accommodations are lower. No lines at most popular restaurants.

ma.
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in September?

I go every Oct. and the weather has been great, and that is when the resorts lower the prices.

Myrtle Beach, SC
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in September?

I live here and in my opinion May and September it's the best time to enjoy this beach town. The weather is perfect not too cold or not too hot, smaller tourists crowds everywhere. Average high air temperature in September is about 85 F and average high ocean temperature is about 77 F . Here is the local weather forecast: myrtlebeachbay.com/myrtle-beach-weather.html . Good luck to you and enjoy your vacations!

pa
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in September?

My hubby and I always go in September the weather has always been nice in the 80's during the day. We think it is the perfect time to go. We will be leaving on the 16th of September thru the 30th. You will love it!!!!!

Virginia
Level Contributor
52 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in September?

I was there last September and the weather was perfect. Not to hot to walk around but warm enough to get in the water. I will be there Sept 3-9 this year.

Wilkes-Barre...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in September?

thanks

wow this is just great to hear

I am also going on Sept 12th

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
875 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in September?

I am considering MB for September as well. What about attractions? Are most of the water attractions (water parks, etc.) still open towards the end of September?

pa
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in September?

Everything was still open when we went last year at the end of September. We are going on the 16th of September this year.

pa
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in September?

hey were from Pittsburgh too!!!!!!