We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need HelP Quick Please!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Need HelP Quick Please!

Ok...I'm from North Carolina but I have never been to Myrtle Beach even though it's really not that far from me. I've been studying trip advisor for weeks looking for the most reasonably priced hotel with a really good atmosphere. I've narrowed it down to Dunes Village Resort and the Sandy Beach Resort...the Dunes is on North Ocean Blvd and Sandy Beach is on the South. I'm completely torn after reading the reviews. The Dunes seem perfect but a girl-friend of mine that just returned from there said that is on the far end but a review for Sandy Beach says that this one is too noisy. I just want to know is there a wrong choice out of the two?

Howell, NJ
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need HelP Quick Please!

I would suggest the Dunes Village, we had problems at the Sandy Beach Resort.

Wake Forest, NC
Level Contributor
919 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need HelP Quick Please!

If you are set on those two, Dunes Village. Your girlfriend was correct. Dunes is in a "quieter" section to the north.

As for us we prefer the area around 21st Ave. North (The Breakers, Camelot, Anderson Beach Club.) There are lots of bars and restaurants within walking distance and Broadway is a cheap cab ride away.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,923 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need HelP Quick Please!

Sandy Beach is fine. We've stayed there many times and never had any problems or been bothered by noise (not counting some less than courteous people unlawfully shooting fireworks on the beach late one night which could happen anywhere). I would suggest the newer Palmetto building if you choose Sandy Beach.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need HelP Quick Please!

If your friends had problems with the noise at Sandy Beach--that will happen anywhere...especially in summer months. If it was the outside noise, such as traffic, etc. then I would agree Dunes is in a quieter area. Dunes is on the far end, but still in easy driving distance of everything.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need HelP Quick Please!

I have stayed at both places. Of the two, I prefer the Dunes Village. It is on the north end and it is in a quieter, less crowded area. There is a large indoor water park so there are a lot of families with children staying there. If you'd rather be in the middle of things, go with Sandy Beach, just be sure to tell them you want a room in the new building. I do not like the old building at all! Sandy Beach is right in the heart of all the shops and stores if you want to get out and walk around. If you stay at the Dunes, you'll have to drive to get to all the shops, restaurants, and attractions. Of course if you want to check out Broadway at the Beach, Barefoot Landing or any of the other places, you'll have to drive anyways. Hope this helps. I'll be going to Myrtle Beach in October and am staying at the Compass Cove (my favorite place for the money!)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
155 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need HelP Quick Please!

Check out Oceans One, its right next to Sandy Beach. Its close to the new boardwalk. Go to the Oceans One website, they have several specals for cheap rates.

7. Re: Need HelP Quick Please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2011, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach