We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Washing Clothes On Vacation?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Old Bridge
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Washing Clothes On Vacation?

Well, instead of just checking into any old hotel once we arrive on vacation, we decided to book ahead, and have chosen the Beach Colony Resort. I got an email from them with an incredible rate, so I decided to give it a try. I have read the reviews, and while some are not good, there are many more positive reviews than negative.

However.. as most hotels in Myrtle beach, the Beach Colony Resort has coin operated laundry facilities on site, rather than a washer / dryer in the room. ( I saw the Sheraton has a washer / dryer in the room when you rent a condo, but the room rate is more $$$ than I wanted to pay )

I dont like the idea of having to babysit a washer / dryer full of clothes in a laundry room on vacation-- thats why I wanted a washer / dryer IN the room, b/c at the end of the day, its obviously much easier / more convenient than to have to run down to a laundry room....

So, my question is this: can anyone recommend a mid priced hotel

( 60-70 dollars a nite ) that has a washer / dryer in the room? if not, what about dry cleaners in the area? can anyone recommend a dry cleaner that also has laundry service where we can drop off our dirty clothes, then return a few hours later and pick up our clean clothes?

Any tips would be appreciated!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Washing Clothes On Vacation?

The one bedroom deluxe units (I'm sure the 2 and 3 bedroom units as well) at Paradise Resort have in room washer and dryers, no need for coins.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,761 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Washing Clothes On Vacation?

Washer/dryers in the room are big selling points for rentals. If you check rental agencies or vrbo.com websites, they will indicate if they units have washer/dryers in the room.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
127 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Washing Clothes On Vacation?

When are you going?

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Washing Clothes On Vacation?

We had the 3 bedroom condo at Long Bay resort this year. What a huge difference having the washer/drier in the room!! Saved room on luggage and a huge convenience to run a load when going to the beach or dinner.

Howell, NJ
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Washing Clothes On Vacation?

I would NEVER recommend the Sandy Beach Resort, but they do have washer/deryers in the units.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Washing Clothes On Vacation?

I have stayed at Grand Atlantic and Holiday Sands South (the new tower) and they both have washer and dryers in the rooms.

Indian Land, SC
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Washing Clothes On Vacation?

If you are unable to find what you are looking for, you can find a 'wash and fold' laundromat where you drop your clothes off, then pick them up later washed and folded. It is very reasonable.

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Washing Clothes On Vacation?

well when are you going is a huge question....there are tons of places that have washers and dryers in room..if you go to the web sites it will tellyou under room discriptions... I dont do laundry on vacation so that isnt something I have ever looked for...lolol

North Carolina
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Washing Clothes On Vacation?

JerseyGirlOldBridge,

Beach Colony units actually have W/D units in the two, three and four bedroom condos. You must have rented a one bedroom suite?

While there are a few exceptions, most of the one bedroom suites in MB do not have W/D units in them, and the two bedroom condos and larger normally do....but again, there are exceptions. Your best bet is to ask the company you're renting through.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
144 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Washing Clothes On Vacation?

Oceans One Resort!!

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations