We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is your favourite Beach/Driving music?

canada
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
What is your favourite Beach/Driving music?

I am compiling music for our drive down, as well as, beach music while there. Any favourites you can suggest? txs

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,063 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is your favourite Beach/Driving music?

Want the real thing?

nutsie.com/top100sradio/…2638735

If you google SC beach music you'll get this history. Miss Grace is my favorite.

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is your favourite Beach/Driving music?

Shanklemsw got it right. :-)

While you're here, just tune into 94.9 the Surf or drop into Fat Harold's or Duck's up in North Myrtle Beach for the real stuff. You'll be tappin' your toes all the way home...

South Carolina
Level Contributor
13 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is your favourite Beach/Driving music?

Pawleys Dude is correct... you'll love listening to 94.9 The Surf. As a matter of fact, you don't have to wait until you get to the beach to listen! You can listen on-line at http://www.949thesurf.com and learn first hand what true Carolina Beach Music sounds like! You'll have to "join" and create a user name but it is free to do so and to listen. Enjoy!

Near Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What is your favourite Beach/Driving music?

For driving music, if you like country, you can't beat a couple of Jo Dee Messina's tunes. My sister and I both love to blast "Heads Carolina, Tails Califoria" and "Bye Bye". Clint Black's " Nothing But The Tail Lights" is a good one, too!

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,973 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is your favourite Beach/Driving music?

Satelitte radio is worth every penny. Wide variety of anything you might want.

8-10 hours a day behind the wheel at work, my mood will change several times during a day.

Might start out with Margaritaville for an hour then over to Classic Rock. Top and bottom of the hour I'll sometimes checkout Radio Classics which plays the old radio shows before they had TV.

Throw in the ocassional quickies with comedy and political talk I make it through the day.

One vacation trip. Thinking the wife was asleep I switched from Radio Classics back to music. She yelled at me because it was a mystery and she wanted to hear "who done it".

We usually have to make deals on trips. Country until they play maybe Brooks and Dunn. Switch to rock until they play Led Zepplin then switch back to country.......

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is your favourite Beach/Driving music?

Since we make 6 or more trips a year we have come to really enjoy books on tape. It seems to shorten the trip and combats the boredom of a long drive very well for me. Most public libraries have a good selection to be checked out/

canada
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is your favourite Beach/Driving music?

Thanks for the suggestions. We had a situation come up. I was downloading "oldies" and hubby very quickly pointed out that as he is driving I better get some music that won't put him to sleep. Just spent two days getting all rock. Have 550 songs - that should keep him awake. My oldies library is also large. Next onto some beach music and maybe add a little more to my country library. Like the satellite idea, but as our trips are only once a year - it would be hard to justify the cost. I will have to check out the books on tape - could come in handy at the beach!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
757 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is your favourite Beach/Driving music?

Satelite radio is not "just for trips". It replaces the inane chatter and repetitiveness of commercial radio. I could not live without it in Ottawa!

As for the original post, for a great "on the way to the beach" song, I vote for the Beach Boys' "Fun to Run".

Tom

canada
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is your favourite Beach/Driving music?

Ok Ottawatom, how much to buy a satellite radio and how much do they charge each month. Also what is a good one?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
757 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is your favourite Beach/Driving music?

The radios themselves are pretty cheap; under $100 for sure will buy you a good one. I think ours is a Delphi (we have one in each vehicle). Our subscription is with XM radio, and I'm satisfied. It's about $14 per month for the 1st radio, much less for the 2nd.

Tom

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach