We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Counting the days, give me something to dream about

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Counting the days, give me something to dream about

We wont arrive until sept 8th. Throw me a bone and give me something to dream about! We did Florida/Disney in February for my dad's 80th b-day. No Beach - just alot of family and disney- which was exhausting. Not really a vacation. Give me some stories and dreams to hold me over the next week or so - dying to be there now. Txs

n9
New London...
Level Contributor
907 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Counting the days, give me something to dream about

The water was super warm, and if you are the sort to read a book under an umbrella on a relaxing sandy beach, you will love it.

We took a walk on Myrtle Beach every night, the crowds were thinned out, and the breeze was just a tiny bit cooler than the normal air temp. The moon came up red, and I never wanted to go back inside. Have fun!

Virginia
Level Contributor
621 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Counting the days, give me something to dream about

Just think of waking up to the sound of waves and the sun coming up over the ocean. Its the greatest thing ever.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,293 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Counting the days, give me something to dream about

We will be there from Sept 4 till about Sept 15 or 16. really looking forward to it. We go 5 or 6 times a year, 320 miles, 6 hours, for us. Looking forward to eating out, sitting on the beach, playing a little par three. That is about all the golf I can do since bilateral total knee replacement.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Counting the days, give me something to dream about

I will be arriving the day after you and I just keep thinking about being away from work for a week! I also keep think about what we will be doing...dolphin jetski tour, Tigers preservation tour, parasailing, going in warm water, and reading on the beach.

I can't wait. Only 7 1/2 more work days until I leave!

canada
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Counting the days, give me something to dream about

I hear you Nana Jayne. I have fibromyalgia and some days can't lift my one leg very much. Then other days the back goes. I have been quite pro-active lately doing my exercise tape (mostly stretching) and up to 11 minutes on the treadmill. This is a huge feat for me.

In regards to MB - I have been tracking the long range forecast everyday. If it holds true the weather looks amazing so far! Suitcase started getting packed with a few items last night - found that missing flip flop. Packing will be a challenge - as the weather looks quite hot - guess its two bathing suits! Been dreamin about the sound of the waves, the sight of the shells as the water passes over them on the beach and the sound of the seagulls. Some how seagulls anywhere else are annoying but not at the beach!

NJ
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Counting the days, give me something to dream about

You guys are making me think of my upcoming trip to Myrtle Beach, instead of working. We will be there Sept. 14 to Sept. 18. Just like the rest of you, I really can't wait. Let's hope we all have good weather and a good time. Where's everybody staying? We're staying at the Dune's Village for the very first time. I hope it will be ok.

canada
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Counting the days, give me something to dream about

When I was looking I saw the Dunes Village - it looks great you will have to let us know how it is. We are staying at the Breakers Sailfish Tower. We have been to Breakers before in the Paradise and Palms bldgs, so this is the first for the sailfish. We will visit other resorts looking for next years trip with the whole family and some friends. Dunes is on our list. Only thing is we have no young kids - so not sure if it is right for us - but love the look of the rooms. Have a great trip and yes we are all praying for good weather.

NJ
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Counting the days, give me something to dream about

We don't have any kids going with us either, but we had stayed at Beach Colony other times and decided to try the Dunes Village, which is right next door. I will let you know how it is when we get back.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Counting the days, give me something to dream about

nancril, we are staying at Towers on the Grove. The rooms look beautiful in the pictures. I don't think there is much of a pool, but I never go in pools on vacation anyways. I prefer to go to the beach.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
85 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Counting the days, give me something to dream about

Have you ever taken a day trip to Charleston? If not, just take Hwy 17 all of the way into Charleston. Take a carriage ride, visit the market, take in a plantation (Boone Hall or Drayton are my favorites), and grab some BBQ at Melvin's in Mt. Pleasant.