We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with trip planning.

Georgia
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help with trip planning.

Hi,

My husband and I have never been to Myrtle Beach but we are planning a trip to the area the week after Christmas. We are thinking about staying at the Hampton Inn at Broadway on the Beach. The idea of having restaurants and shopping within walking distance is great. Thus far, we are planning to visit the Aquarium, Christmas On Ice at the Palace Theater, Christmas Show at the Dixie Stampede, Bass Pro Shops and some of the outlet malls. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas about what we have planned?

We have visited Pigeon Forge numerous times in the past but decided to go some place different this year. Crowds in Pigeon Forge at Christmas are crazy. Is it very crowded in Myrtle Beach during that time of the year?

New Hartford, New...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with trip planning.

Don't miss Brookgreen Gardens. Their Christmas decorations will still be up and just beautiful.

Crowds are very manageable that time of year.

Virginia
Level Contributor
621 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with trip planning.

I've never been to the area in Winter so I can't comment on the crowds, but I think staying near BATB is a great decision for a winter trip to myrtle beach. Since you won't be spending a lot of time of the beach, you'll be near the next best thing(IMO) at Myrtle beach. We love BATB and go there almost every evening while staying in MB. Maybe check out their website to see when stores will close for the evening. Once when we were there out of season a lot of things closed early so you may have to plan the rest of your trip around that.

Ontario
Level Contributor
243 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with trip planning.

If you are planning on visiting all those places you must be going to have an available vehicle. Myrte Beach is so easy to get around in. Almost impossible to get lost. It is only my opinion but....to me the big attraction is the ocean and the beach. I would at least check out ocean front condos before you make your decision. They are affordable at that time of year and you have a balcony. They are usually protected and you would be surprised how warm it is when the sun is out.The view is priceless. Try out some of the websites for real estate. We have used Century21thomas.com in the past and been very happy but there are many others. Just go to book on line and check off all the amenities you wish to have and all the available units come up. Something to keep in mind the more amenities the more kids you will see and the resorts seem to have more kids than the condos do. Enjoy your trip whatever you choose.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with trip planning.

Over the years we have attended all the Christmas shows multiple times, even some that are no longer here. IMO the best show every year is the Carolina Opry Christmas Show.

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with trip planning.

I agree with luvinthebeach...I'd definitely go oceanfront. Rates will be ridiculously cheap at that time of year, and the views are well worth it. Besides, often during winter it can be very pleasant for a walk on the beach.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with trip planning.

I would definitely go for an oceanfront condo in the wintertime ... it adds so much to your experience, and is so inexpensive then.

Georgia
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with trip planning.

Hi,

Thanks for everyone's help. You have convinced us to check out places on the beach. Thanks again.

8. Re: Help with trip planning.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2011, 06:36