We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sept. is the time to go! Just back from MB

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dexter, Michigan
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sept. is the time to go! Just back from MB

This was my third time to MB, and hopefully not my last. I went with my husband, three year old son and 8 month old daughter. We stayed at Dunes Village, which is where we stayed the last time we went.

Weather: Perfect. Sunny, hardly a cloud in the sky, not a drop of rain the entire time. Hot, but bearable 85-90 every day.

Ocean: Like bath water! A couple days a little rough, but not too bad

Dunes Village Resort: Once again, we loved it. We got a Oceanfront Angle 2 Bedroom, which we got for $99 a night because of a fall special they had going on. The condo was very roomy, the bedrooms were very large and we had plenty of space to spread out. I can't say enough about this place, the pools/indoor water parks are fantastic. My three year old assumed we should spend every spare minute in the pool! My only gripe- the staff often held up the elevators; we only had one set of elevators to get to our room on thee 14th floor and often the staff would use the elevators to go up or down one floor. It was a little irritating. But- the staff was really nice, I just wished they would use the stairs more!

Food: We ate at DVR's restaurant one day, and that was very good, however the drinks are very expensive. We also went Jimmy Buffet's Cheeseburger in Paradise. I have been there several times, and at first thought it would be hookey, but the food is actually really good. Better than Margaritaville by far. Another place that I would go back to was Dirty Don's Oyster Bar & Grill- the seafood was fantastic. I got the grouper and my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Finally, we went to Chuck's Steakhouse. Nice atmosphere, but the food was below average. For being a steakhouse, they didn't have a very big selection of steaks, def. would not go back.

Anyway, we had a fantastic time, can't wait to find an excuse to go back!

If you have any questions let me know!

NJ
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sept. is the time to go! Just back from MB

I totally agree with you about Sept. being the best time for Myrtle Beach. We were there from Sept. 14 to 18 and also stayed at Dunes Village. It was our first time at Dunes Village, but 4th time to Myrtle Beach and it was a great trip. We did find it to be more crowded than usual for that time of year, but we had a great time.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sept. is the time to go! Just back from MB

I agree with you. We went Sept 9 - 16 and it was great. The weather was nice, the ocean was warm, and there were not a lot of people on the beach. I can't wait to go back!

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sept. is the time to go! Just back from MB

As if you need another good reason to go this time of year...the local oyster harvest resumes in late August/early September. A big pot of steaming fresh oysters, a cooler of beer, and the sound of the ocean is a great combination!

Dexter, Michigan
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sept. is the time to go! Just back from MB

I don't do oysters, but my hubbie does! He had a big 'ole plate of them at Dick's!

5. Re: Sept. is the time to go! Just back from MB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2010, 12:47
Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
339 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sept. is the time to go! Just back from MB

I love September! That's my favorite time to go to MB. Glad that you had a great trip :)

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sept. is the time to go! Just back from MB

Im sooo jealous... would love to be able to go in August or Sept... but thats not a possibility with kids in school and fall sports... :( our only vacation months are June and July and cant even go late in July because of sports committments but thats ok...Im not complaining about the sports lool just wish the seasons were a little different and with 2 doing different sports it pretty much takes up an entire year lololol

So glad you had a great trip!!!!! tks for the report

Sewell, New Jersey
Level Contributor
135 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sept. is the time to go! Just back from MB

Hi. Thanks for the report. We are going in Nov. with our 10 year old son. So torn between the Dunes and the Carribean. Will my son enjoy the Dunes more? Looking for indoor water and nice accomodations. How's the bar/restaurant?

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sept. is the time to go! Just back from MB

The indoor water park is very good for the kids,however, I didn't think that the bar/restaurant scene was that good at all. My favorite place by far is the Royale Palms. Nicest accomodations in MB and since they are connected to the Hilton you have alot of amenities. They have a fantastic fitness and sport facility with a large indoor pool,however, they don't have an indoor waterpark which the kids would enjoy better. Good luck

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sept. is the time to go! Just back from MB

Sept is my favorite time too! But, we just returned today and experienced our 1st ever bad MB weather. The sun barely peeked through the clouds on our last day (Friday).

Wednesday night was downright scary...the wind howled all night long. I know residents have seen much worse, but that's as bad as I've ever experienced!

We stuck it out & made the best of the week we could. We've always been lucky with the weather, considering Sept. is the peak of hurricane season. We still plan to go back next Sept. :)