We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difference Between North and South Myrtle

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Difference Between North and South Myrtle

We stayed at Towers on the Grove in North Myrtle Beach earlier this month. We absolutely loved it! I was thinking about staying at Oceans One next year because I like the looks of the rooms with 50% glass. We spent most of our time at the beach. Is there a big difference in the beach in these two areas? I thought I read in a report or review that the beach is not that great by Oceans One. I think I read something about a sand bar and a drop. I could be wrong though. Also, we don't mind a busy area.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Difference Between North and South Myrtle

The beaches are constantly changing due to rip currents and weather, so one area may be better than another in any given year. In 12 years we have seen two renourishment projects completed and I am sure it will be required again in a few years. Man is trying to control the way nature shapes beaches by building jetties, berms, etc but in the long run I think we will have to agree that natural forces are bigger than we are and be content to help just a little and try to preserve what we have.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Difference Between North and South Myrtle

Other than the crowded conditions, I don't think there's much difference in the beaches, but the area surrounding the beachfront hotels is less residential in central and southern MB.

I have always liked the northern end of MB; it's almost completely tree-lined residential (hence quiet and less traffic) but the businesses and bustle of King's Hwy is a short walk west.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,371 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Difference Between North and South Myrtle

This year we stayed at the Royale Palms in Kingston Plantation which is at the nothern end of MB. I think it has the nicest accomodations in MB and location is great, near restaurants, barefoot landing,outlets, yet far enough away from all the congestion and honky tonk to the south. Check it out you will not be disappointed. Good luck

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
466 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Difference Between North and South Myrtle

I always stay at the Camelot at 20th and N. Ocean Blvd. I LOVE that area. There is so much you can walk to. Yet, it isn't in the "heart" of the tourist traps

5. Re: Difference Between North and South Myrtle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2011, 05:16