We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too Many To Chose...

Oshawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
74 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Too Many To Chose...

We are planning a trip to Myrtle Beach next summer, 12 of us in total - 6 adults, 4 girls ages 15-17, 2 boys aged 12. We want to be ocean front and within walking distance to shops/attractions.

I have spent hours searching and just end up confused with so much to chose from.

Does anyone have any suggestions - for a nice, not too expensive resort for a group such as we are? (we are thinking of getting 3 condos rather than combining)...

Thanks!

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Too Many To Chose...

It can be overwhelming.

I think it helps to choose the area you would like to stay in and then use a guide or map that shows the hotels geographically (such as google interactive or the AAA or Mobil travel guides).

With your group, I would suggest either "ground zero" (look at Sandy Beach and it's neighbors) or the area between 20th & 30th Aves. North, which will offer many choices.

Anderson Ocean Club is new and very nice, this property and the Carribean rank in the top 5 MB hotels here. You also have the various Breakers buildings, Camelot, Patricia Grand, Dayton House, etc. Seems everyone has their favorite, but their priorities might not match yours. Plenty of info here to find which place best suits your requirements and budget.

Check rates, but two two- or three-bedroom suites might be cheaper than 3 smaller units. Almost all suites have a pull-down bed, sofa bed or both, so the living room can double as a bedroom.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,905 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too Many To Chose...

First, I would highly recommend getting 3 condos (3 families I am assuming) Twelve people in one place can get very crowded after

just a few days!! Plus....very nice to have some quiet time and space all

your own for a few hours.

A lot of the hotels...with the condo's in them, will be close to at least

one or two resturants. But as far as "attractions"...you will probably

have to drive...which is not a problem. MB is very easy to get around, easy

to find where you are going.

We had a big family reunion...30+ people...all renting rooms and condos for their own family. Stayed at Carolina Winds. Perfect location...northern end of Myrtle Beach.

www.carolinawinds.com

Good luck!!

canada
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Too Many To Chose...

We have stayed at the Breakers Resort going on 4 years, with sometimes 2 trips in a year. It is central to everything and you can walk to alot from there. Last trip we ventured out to look at other resorts. We did notice that the beach far to the north/south is not at big. If I had to rank the resorts - personally - Breakers topped the list with Caribbean a close second. Dayton House would have come in 3rd (they also just did some renovations). We found alot of resorts to be very pricey - yes you may get upgraded, top of the line things in the unit - but you are not in the unit to fully appreciate the marble this and stainless steel that (if you know what I mean). No matter where you book I recommend you have a car for driving and oceanfront is the best! Good Luck with your search - call the hotels direct, you can usually get the best deals that way!

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,906 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Too Many To Chose...

Oceans One and The Sandy Beach Resort have Family Kingdom Amusement Park one block to the south and the areas only ocean front water park Family Kingdom Water Park is there as well. You'll also find banana rides, para sailing and sea-doo rentals on the south side of the water park. There are ice cream parlors, beach shops, a small convenience store and snack shops within a couple of blocks as well. There's also McAdoo's Cafe, an oceanfront bar with live music at 3rd Ave S next to Sandy Beach Resort. The old Pavilion area is around 3/4ths of a mile to the north and an easy walk. The 2nd Ave Pier is just a couple of blocks north and is at the southern terminus for the new boardwalk. We usually stay at Sandy Beach but Oceans One which is next door looks nice too. Be sure to look at the newer Palmetto Tower at Sandy Beach as it is very nice.

http://www.beachtrips.com/

5. Re: Too Many To Chose...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2011, 06:40