We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parasailing Questions

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Parasailing Questions

We are looking at a few of us possibly parasailing when we are in MB in June. Have never done it before. Where is the best place to rent from? How long do you go out for? And coming from my one daughter "do they have to dip you in the water at any point"? (she is really paranoid about sharks).

Any information would be appreciated.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
466 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Parasailing Questions

I have been once and don't remember the name of the company. My daughter begged them not to dip her and they did. lol. It is only for a couple of seconds though and is not that big of a deal. It was really fun, you should convince her to try it.

New Hartford, New...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parasailing Questions

We went to Bob's in August. http://www.bobswatersports.com/

Be prepared to wait. They give you a time to be down at the beach and then you may have to wait 45 min. to an hour before it's really your turn. Not a problem except if it's really hot. I didn't go as it doesn't appeal to me but those that went said it was fun. You are taken out to the parasail boat in a different boat-very small- and it can be a very rough ride. Our friends 6 year old (loves adventure!) ended up not going up because the ride to the boat made him very nauseous. My friends daughter (16) is deathly afraid of sharks and had no problem with the ride.

If you like this type of attraction you'll have a fun time at Bob's.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,869 posts
397 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parasailing Questions

Never been parasailng but Ocean Watersports is just down the beach from our usual hotel and they have been around for a long time. Could be worht checking out.

http://www.parasailmyrtlebeach.com/

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parasailing Questions

There is one place located at the very far south end of Ocean Blvd between Sprinmaid and Crown Reef. I forget the name of it though.

By the way, I just noticed the "edit" button! I'm glad that put that on here

Edited: 18 January 2011, 21:06
5. Re: Parasailing Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2012, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach