We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip to Mayrtle beach including a 1 year old

NY, NY
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
First trip to Mayrtle beach including a 1 year old

My husband and I are thinking of traveling to Myrtle Beach, late April/early May along with our 1 year old. We've never been and I know people may say leave him home but we both work full time and don't get to spend much time with him so that's not happening. I'd like to find somewhere that is preferably at a resort with a 2 bedroom condo, full kitchen etc. I noticed the Royale Palms but otherwise I just started looking. I don't want anywhere with spring breakers and hard core partying which hopefully we'd avoid at the time we're planning to go. I'm not sure if I'd use a babysitter at a resort but it would be nice to have the option in case we wanted to grab dinner one night on our own after he's asleep. We've been to Hilton Head but the flights from NY are ridiculously high so we figured we'd try somewhere new. Thanks, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Hilton Head
Hilton Head
Carrollton, GA
Level Contributor
591 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First trip to Mayrtle beach including a 1 year old

Can't go wrong at Royale Palms. Located in Myrtle Beach North, don't confuse with North Myrtle Beach which is about 8 miles north of this complex. They don't allow spring breakers and hard core partying. At least not when we have been there. Don't know about babysitting. Suggest you call Kingston Plantation Resort and ask. All have upscale furnishing, large den area, full kitchen, and washer/dryer. 2 bedroom unit furnished with King bed, private bath and adirct access to balcony in master and two queen beds in Guest bedroom. Both bedrooms are separated by den so parents can have some privacy. Extended balcony in ocean view units runs length of unit. Can sit on balcony, crack door from 2nd bedroom and listen for baby. Been there, done that. Pools are very nice, don't know about water temperature in late April/early May. RP attached to Hilton Hotel, so all amenities available. Dining, spa, outdoor bar, etc. RP about 1 mile from Tanger Outlet Mall, Restaurant Row, Wal-mart, and a Super Kroger Center/gas.

Check VRBO.com - better rates than renting direct from Kingston Plantation.

Have a wonderful time. And yes, take your 1 year old. memories are precious.

Mentioned in this post
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
North Myrtle Beach
North Myrtle Beach
Kingston
Kingston
Ontario, Canada
NY, NY
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First trip to Mayrtle beach including a 1 year old

Thanks for the info, that's a big help!

Wake Forest, NC
Level Contributor
930 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First trip to Mayrtle beach including a 1 year old

FYI...May 13th Bike week begins in MB. Make sure you visit before this.

Ohio
Level Contributor
114 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First trip to Mayrtle beach including a 1 year old

Myrtle Beach is the perfect place for a 1 year old! Go and enjoy your son. He will love the beach!

Mentioned in this post
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
5. Re: First trip to Mayrtle beach including a 1 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2012, 07:31