We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Myrtle Beach advice please.

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
8 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Myrtle Beach advice please.

Hi Everyone!

I am looking for some advice on a nice clean place to stay in Myrtle Beach. Has to be on the beach (ocean front view), have hot tubs, pools (indoor and out) , lazy river, we are travelling with kids, 9yrs and 12 yrs and they love the water.

We vacationed in MB 2 years ago and stayed at the Captains Quarters, we love the ammenities for the kids but were disappointed in the cleanliness of the 'resort' it was very dingy and there were bed bugs in our room! I know bed bugs are hard to control, but when we told the staff they asked if we brought them from our home.... needless to say we don't want a repeat. I don't mind if the hotel is a little dated but needs to be clean.

Any advice on where to stay would be appriciated!!!

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Myrtle Beach advice please.

Everyone has their own favorites and preferences for one reason or another. Here's what I suggest especially for those who have children:

Oceans One and The Sandy Beach Resort have Family Kingdom Amusement Park one block to the south and the areas only ocean front water park Family Kingdom Water Park is there as well. You'll also find banana rides, para sailing and sea-doo rentals on the south side of the water park. There are ice cream parlors, beach shops, a small convenience store and snack shops within a couple of blocks as well. There's also McAdoo's Cafe, an oceanfront bar with live music at 3rd Ave S next to Sandy Beach Resort. The old Pavilion area is around 3/4ths of a mile to the north and an easy walk. The 2nd Ave Pier is just a couple of blocks north and is at the southern terminus for the new boardwalk. We usually stay at Sandy Beach but Oceans One which is next door looks nice too. Be sure to look at the newer Palmetto Tower at Sandy Beach as it is very nice.

http://www.beachtrips.com/

canada
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Myrtle Beach advice please.

Thanks Coastermeister, I am going to check them both out!

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Myrtle Beach advice please.

The Breakers is our favorite... there is also Camelot or you might try Compass Cove...

Good luck

canada
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Myrtle Beach advice please.

Thanks PrivateI :)

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Myrtle Beach advice please.

ur welcome... we have been going to MB for about 9 yrs and have 2 children D age 17 and son age 12 and I have a 22yr olds sister inlaw that usually goes with us.. We have stayed at many different places over the years but by far the Breakers is our favorite... Location cant be beat... amenitites are nice and something for everyone... you can get out and walk to the shops on the strip and just people watch... you are about a mile and a half from BATB a five min drive... almost a straight shot.. only 1 turn...

My daughter and I did the Captains Qtrs for a softball trip a couple years ago and if my hubby had been there we would never of stayed.... Breakers is sooo much bettter...if you want something a little farther away from the main hub but not tooo far then try the Caribbean it is a sister property to the Breakers and has nice amenities and tons of room choices stay in the Caymen tower or the Dominican building....

Good luck

canada
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Myrtle Beach advice please.

Sounds great!! Thanks for all the info!

canada
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Myrtle Beach advice please.

I agree with Private1 - Breakers is our first choice - we found compass cove a little dated - I would recommend the Caribbean Resort (sister company to Breakers).

ohio
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Myrtle Beach advice please.

I am staying here and got a great deal

http://www.oceansoneresort.com/

9. Re: Where to stay in Myrtle Beach advice please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2011, 23:16
canada
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay in Myrtle Beach advice please.

Thanks everyone for all the info...!!