We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cal Ripken Experience

Carrollton, GA
Level Contributor
576 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Cal Ripken Experience

Will be in MB in July to watch grandson play baseball Cal Ripken Complex. I have read the info on their website, but there are a few questions I wanted to pose to those that have attended any of their tournaments.

Can visitors bring coolers with non-alcoholic beverages, water, sandwiches, etc into the complex?

Are pop-up tents allowed at the fields?

Is it a long walk from parking lots to fields?

Is there a daily fee to enter complex?

Other comments????????/

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cal Ripken Experience

We were there during Spring Break so I am not sure that the rules are the same in the summer but....

We were told no coolers so I carried water in my bag.

Not sure about the tents but there is ample shade within views of the diamonds.

Some fields are closer to the parking lot than others.

There was no daily fee or parking fee while we were there.

This facility is clean, well-organized and the fields are gorgeous! The staff was very nice. The only negative thing I had to say is that the concessions in the main building were slow because they were mobbed during a rain delay and they appeared to be short-staffed. Not sure that will be the case in the summer. Restrooms were clean, gift shop was not too pricey (good sale prices!) and the parking lot was spacious.

MA
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cal Ripken Experience

We leave Friday to attend this tournament. Is it a good idea to bring folding chairs? If some parents have folding chairs, is the seating area close to the. Bleachers?

Thanks for any info?

Beth

Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cal Ripken Experience

Yes, you should bring folding chairs. The metal bleachers can get a little hot, and not all of them are in shaded areas.

The fields are beautiful, and it's a great experience (if you love baseball like we do). Admission and parking are free, and it is not a very long walk back to your car. I don't know about allowing coolers, but if they do not, then you may want to consider having food and drinks in your car. You can always go out and "tailgate" between games. There are even some grass areas around the parking lot. I don't know if they would let you set up a tent in the parking lot or not (they probably will), but you can always call them and ask: 888-747-5361. They were very good to our High School team, and were pretty open about anything we wanted to do.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cal Ripken Experience

Where did you stay during the Cal Ripken Experience? Would you recommend the hotel?

Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cal Ripken Experience

We're Myrtle Beach regulars (for over 40 years), so we've stayed at many places. When we were at the Ripken Experience, it was in March so we chose a hotel with a good indoor pool area since we know that outdoor pools and the ocean are too cold that time of year. That was the Landmark Resort. In the summer, we've stayed at several resorts our current favorite is the Monterey Bay Suites.

There are bargains to be found along the Grand Strand, and there are literally thousands of choices. What time of year will you be at the Ripken Experience? Age of the kids with you? Is this your vacation, or just a baseball visit (i.e. do you want to be on the ocean/ near attractions/ have a deluxe resort, or is this just a baseball trip and a Super 8 would be fine)? Do you need a place with an indoor pool? Do you want a resort with 20 pools or to rent a 4 bedroom condo? Lots and lots of options in Myrtle Beach, so if you give some more info, myself and others should be able to give you plenty of good recommendations.

6. Re: Cal Ripken Experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 07:15