We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

photo opportunities

West Wareham...
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
photo opportunities

Looking for good locations to shoot photos, wildlife is most desired. Thanks Paul

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: photo opportunities

These are the 4 places I would go.

1. Huntington Beach State Park for wildlife.

2. Brookgreen Gardens

3. Murrels Inlet marsh walk. Go at sunset.

4. The beach for sunrise pics around one of the piers.

Edited: 28 January 2011, 00:43
2. Re: photo opportunities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2011, 23:16
Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: photo opportunities

I think the best wildlife photos are on Bull's Island. You have to take a ferry to get there.

West Wareham...
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: photo opportunities

Never heard of Bull Island, where do i get the ferry? Thanks Paul

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: photo opportunities

At Cape Romain in Awendaw.

www.discoversouthcarolina.com/products/2972

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,374 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: photo opportunities

jaded24fan's list is the same as mine.

If you go to the Brookgreen Gardens aviary at feeding time (ask, but normally about an hour before closing time) you will get some amazing shots of native waterfowl. The eagles are fun to watch at feeding time also.

I encountered a Great Blue Heron in the gardens that let me get withing 5 feet (very strange...at first, I thought he was a sculpture!). He was standing on one foot, maybe injured. There were a few of us clicking away & it didn't faze him. Great shots!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,835 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: photo opportunities

Head to the northern most point of Cherry Grove....the inlet has great photo ops w/ the tides and wildlife.

West Wareham...
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: photo opportunities

Where exactly is the nothern point and which tide is best ? Thanks Paul

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,835 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: photo opportunities

Once in Cherry Grove, get on North Ocean Blvd and head north. Road ends at the inlet (there will be low rise condos around). High tide is NOT the time to go.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: photo opportunities

Go to The Witch or Woodlands 9( at Aberdeen) and ask if they will let you drive out in a cart for the purpose of shooting photos.Late in the day when there is no one teeing off they may let you.I have seen lots of wildlife on these courses.Also Oyster Bay.