We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time visitor

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
135 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
First time visitor

We plan to come down the week of April second. We have never been there before. No idea of what to expect as far ash what is the beach / ocean like. We usually go to Panama City Beach but wanted to try something different.

How is MB different? any info will help as I have read some post but would like a quick overview if possible.

Is there an area I could stay where I would not have to drive all week?

A friend recommenced the Caribbean resort but sad its not near the boardwalk?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Panama City Beach
Panama City Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,976 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time visitor

Water and air temps might not be as warm that time of year as what you've had in FL. I would think biggest difference you'll see n MB vs PC will be much wider variety of attractions and entertaiment. 50-60 miles of dining. mini-golf, shows, shopping, etc......

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
467 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: First time visitor

there is just SOOOO much more to do in MB than PCB. I am going to PCB this Spring Break and have been there the last 3 years because of my teenagers. I think weather is hit or miss at this time of year. But as far as things to do, Myrtle Beach has so much more to offer, I believe. I really can't find much to do in PCB at all

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
4,039 posts
418 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time visitor

The biggest difference you'll see is no sugar white sand and the water is not as pretty as the gulf waters but MB is a great place with lots to do. We find the gulf beaches very boring with little to do other than sit on the beach all day and eat in the evening.

Wake Forest, NC
Level Contributor
930 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time visitor

The Boardwalk in MB is pretty much a joke. Its very small and only about 1 mile long and there is not a lot around it. Right it is a work in progress.

If you do not stay near it, you're not missing anything.

5. Re: First time visitor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2011, 23:22
Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time visitor

well having lived in Fla for 12 yrs I LOVE my gulf beaches but...... now with kids that are older and want thing to do and go MB is our choice... You can go to MB and never have a down min and I promise if you are only going for a week you will not have time to take in everything...

as was said earlier if you are looking for the white sand and clear water that you will not find... clean beach yes sand is more greyish and you are on the atlantic soooo water is rougher....

on the flip side hotels/resorts have multiple pools, lazy rivers, hot tubs, DJ's you name it... kids activities and night time entertainment is everything you can imagin and then some.....

get a free copy of the Sunny Day Guide (you can order one online or download one online) it has tons of things and place to go, food entertainment, mini golf, golf courses, dolphin tours, parasailing, shopping, has some coupons and addresses and phone numbers

Good luck and remember to pack a variety of clothes because April is a hit or miss month.. you will need everything from shorts to sweats...

7. Re: First time visitor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2012, 11:16