We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for family resort w/ lots of bells and whistles

Georgia
Level Contributor
392 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for family resort w/ lots of bells and whistles

2 families travelling together - 4 adults, 4 kids ages 8-12. We're looking for oceanfront accomodations with plenty of amenities - lazy river, pool, restaurants nearby, maybe a water type park and game room. Any suggestions? I've looked a little at Carolina Winds and Ocean Reef Resort.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for family resort w/ lots of bells and whistles

Carolina Winds has an outdoor water park that seems well suited to most ages. If you are fussy about your room read the reviews carefully.

Ocean Reef is very nice; for the price, I actually prefer Long Bay, which is between the two, but more for the amenities, not the rooms.

Dunes Village sounds like it would be right up your alley if the price works.

I'd also look at Carribean, Breakers, and Compass Cove (CC is in the south end) for starters. There are many, many properties that would meet your criteria.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for family resort w/ lots of bells and whistles

Check out MyrtleBeachHotels.com a number of the resorts that Daddio mentioned are listed here and some others, they are haing a 30% early booking sale which ends if I remember, the 28th.

If some of my recent posts you will find it.

Enjoy the beach

Gary

Wake Forest, NC
Level Contributor
920 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for family resort w/ lots of bells and whistles

I would sugges the Breakers, great pools, wide variety of room and lots to offer within walking distance of the resort for both kids and adults.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,414 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for family resort w/ lots of bells and whistles

You should look into the Carribbean. The accomodations are nicer then the breakers and you have all the amenities.Good luck

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for family resort w/ lots of bells and whistles

Marina Inn at Grand Dunes is outstanding and offers anything your family would want. Good luck.

Marina Inn @ Grand Dunes @ 8121 Amalfi Place, Myrtle Beach, SC 843 - 913 - 1333.

www.marinainnatgrandedunes.com/index.aspx

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,414 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for family resort w/ lots of bells and whistles

Just be aware that the Marina Inn is not near the beach and I know your original post requested oceanfront.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,080 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for family resort w/ lots of bells and whistles

Coral Beach has many. They also have a bowling alley pllus the other things that you listed.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,684 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for family resort w/ lots of bells and whistles

While Carolina Winds is a great hotel in a great location I would not say it has a "Water Park" (as compared to other hotels) It does have a large pool, kiddie pool and lazy river. Thats all. I usually do recommend this place...but not if "Water Park" is high on your list. Location-wise though...you can't beat it!

Try....Sea Crest, Coral Beach, Dunes Village, Breakers, Compass Cove. Ocean Reef.

Edited: 25 February 2011, 14:27
9. Re: Looking for family resort w/ lots of bells and whistles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations