We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tent Camping in the Myrtle Beach area

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
2 posts
Save Topic
Tent Camping in the Myrtle Beach area

I am planning a long weekend in April and I was wondering what is a good spot for tent camping on the beach or very close to the beach. It will be two adultsand we are in our mid 30's. I enjoy fishing, nature and relaxing in the sun. I read that some sites do not allow alcohol so I want to avoid those places. Any sugestions?

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tent Camping in the Myrtle Beach area

It you like nature then the Myrtle Beach state park will probably be a good choice. You can stay at one of the big 3 campgrounds and fish fish in the lake's that are in the campgrounds.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,364 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tent Camping in the Myrtle Beach area

Huntington Beach SP ( further south) would be another option but it's not as close to MB.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,295 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tent Camping in the Myrtle Beach area

For proximity to MB, I would choose Myrtle Beach State Park. For a better camping/nature experience I would choose Huntington Beach State Park which is about 10 miles south of MB. At Huntington there are wildlife viewing areas, Atalaya "Castle" and Brookgreen Gardens directly across the highway. There are pic nic tables, showers etc at either.

Philadelphia...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tent Camping in the Myrtle Beach area

Huntington Beach was my original choice, but It is booked the weekend I'm visiting. Myrtle Beach state park does not allow alcohol. I'm leaning towards Ocean Lakes Campground.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,295 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tent Camping in the Myrtle Beach area

Ocean Lakes is a large RV camp site. I am sure that they have tent sites also, but I am not sure just where they are. I don't think that they would be close to the beach though, I have only seen RVs there. We have condos next door at The Myrtle Beach Resort, so I am there several times a year.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,193 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tent Camping in the Myrtle Beach area

Keep your alcohol hidden...in cooler, or plastic cups...don't walk around holding a beer can...just be discreet and you will be fine on any beach you choose.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Tent Camping in the Myrtle Beach area

Here's a link which lists some of the campgrounds, Huntington Beach is also a state campground like Myrtle Beach State Park and does not allow booze, yet if one is discreet, the Rangers will not bother you.

myrtlebeachbay.com/myrtle-beach-campgrounds.…

Enjoy the beach

Gary

8. Re: Tent Camping in the Myrtle Beach area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 11:17
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations