We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myrtle Beach Must-Dos with Kids?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo, NY
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Myrtle Beach Must-Dos with Kids?

I am taking my family to Myrtle Beach for the first time in April. We have 2 small kids, 5 and 2. Staying at Coral Beach Resort on South Ocean Blvd. Never been to Myrtle Beach. What are some must-do things for our time there? Staying from Sunday to Thursday. Is there a boardwalk, shopping district, parks/playgrounds, restaurants, etc. we need to see or do? Anyone know this resort? Are we close to fun things to do?

Thanks for your time.

Chapel Hill, North...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Myrtle Beach Must-Dos with Kids?

Myrtle Beach has plenty of attractions - we love Brookgreen Gardens and make a day of it, paying extra for a boat ride. The Butterfly house opens seasonaly April 1. Best part is that admission is good for 7 days.

We try to avoid the tourist traps and boardwalks at most beaches. There are some attractions that you might like - for example, the Alligator Adventure. Interesting for my kids, but more of an attraction than a refuge, which makes it a little depressing for me. But, again, kids loved it. Admission is good for more than one day too.

You have to try mini-golf, of course. We love Mt. Atlanticus - used to be a parking garage, and we love that it is air conditioned on those hot days (but not needed for April). Great views on the top.

If it was warmer (not quite the season), my kids love the water park in Seaside (they are 6 and 3, but were 5 and 2 last year). Not sure when the boardwalk amusements open - might not be until mid-April. We avoid. :)

Enjoy your trip. We're going this weekend.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,295 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Myrtle Beach Must-Dos with Kids?

You will want to take them to Broadway At The Beach to see the many attractions there: from feeding the fish from bridges to Build A Bearto Ben & Jerry's, etc.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Myrtle Beach Must-Dos with Kids?

When the little one gets older Maze Mania is something that they will probably enjoy. It is a large wooden maze located on hwy 17 in Garden City

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,191 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Myrtle Beach Must-Dos with Kids?

Yes..Broadway at the Beach!! Feed those ugly fish and maybe Build a Bear. All kinds of things to see as you just walk around there.

FInd the cheapest mini golf you can. Kids that age....get frustrated and lose interest fast, and you might end up only playing 5 or 6 holes.

Since your kids are pretty little, you really don't need to spend much or have much planned for them. They will just enjoy playing in the sand, walking along the beach looking for shells and things.

Have fun!!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Myrtle Beach Must-Dos with Kids?

If you get a rainy day the Children Museam of South Carolina was a big hit with our young grand daughters. Go up 21st and make the right hand turn before the Convention Center and it will be on your right.

Wilmington, North...
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Myrtle Beach Must-Dos with Kids?

family kingdom is awesome. is a small amusement park geared toward younger children. my 2 kids, ages 2 and 5 have an absolute blast and beg to go!

7. Re: Myrtle Beach Must-Dos with Kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach