We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myrtle Beach Airport car rental BEWARE

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Myrtle Beach Airport car rental BEWARE

Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT rent from USave car rental. they may be cheap but they are not customer friendly. I rented from them while on vacation and the rear bumper of my car was scratched while parked at my hotel. I file a police report and called my credit card to report it. the damage was very minor, I also called USave and they instructed me to just fill out an accident report when I returned the car. I did this and my credit card was charged $590 upon return for a deductible. I filed a claim with the credit card and my auto insurance and USave was paid in full by both and were supposed to refund my $590 over 2 months ago. This all happened in October and it is almost April and I still do not have the refund that USave owes me. they do not return my calls and I have now filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myrtle Beach Airport car rental BEWARE

File a dispute with your credit card company for the original $590 USave charged you. Explain to them they have already paid the charge via a damage claim as part of the cards benefit. Your credit card company should be willing to reimburse you and then go after USave for the money.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Myrtle Beach Airport car rental BEWARE

thanks so much for your advice, I just thought of that also a few days ago, I am going to call my credit card today and inquire. I thought since the charge was made October 1,2010 it might be too late, but it can't hurt to call.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Myrtle Beach Airport car rental BEWARE

You must file a credit card dispute within 90 days. I think you are too late.

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Myrtle Beach Airport car rental BEWARE

I want to tell you my overcharges from suave were reversed by the credit card company. Don't let usave bs you with the crap about the manager being in the hospital and put you off by saying you will get a call back the next day. Over a dozen calls to usave and they every time they made me start the story over again even though it is a small office and I got to know all of them by name and voice. They must have thought it was a joke. Well I accepted the challenge and ulost usave! I encourage everyone to fight these no good businesses until they change their ways or go out of business!

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Myrtle Beach Airport car rental BEWARE

Maybe you can file a complaint in small claims court in your home jurisdiction? Can you update us on your dispute? Good luck!

6. Re: Myrtle Beach Airport car rental BEWARE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach