We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DIrect air

Kalamazoo, Michigan
6 posts
Save Topic
DIrect air

How is anyone getting through to Direct Air???? I have been trying for over a week and am only getting a busy signal, not even the usual "all circuits are busy" message. I call at any time from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM and it instantly gives me a busy signal. HELP..I a;lso e-mail my request form for reservations using my family ties vouchers over a week ago and have not gotten any response. How long does this procude take, any one know, since I can't get through to their phone line?????

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DIrect air

Direct Air redemption of Family Ties vouchers is a very frustrating process. It took our group of 7 two days to finally all get tickets, We just kept hitting redial every few minutes. Be prepared to wait at least 30 minutes when you finally do connect and are put on hold.. By the way, they are open until11pm. Good luck!

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DIrect air

Direct Air redemption of Family Ties vouchers is a very frustrating process. It took our group of 7 two days to finally all get tickets, We just kept hitting redial every few minutes. Be prepared to wait at least 30 minutes when you finally do connect and are put on hold.. By the way, they are open until11pm. Good luck!

Edited: 13 April 2011, 13:32
Kalamazoo, Michigan
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: DIrect air

THank you for the input. I have been purchasing vouchers for several years and even though I've had to wait on the phone forever, I usually get a person eventually. This time is different in that I can't even get through to be put on hold! I've never done the online request form and it is now almost 2 weeks and still have not heard back even though I have contacted them via e-mail several times. I do get an automated e-mail back telling me that my request will be forwarded to the proper department - what ever that means. I think this will be my last voucher purchase even though it is good pricing, but when you can't make any plans, it's too frustrating.

Coastal South...
Level Contributor
381 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DIrect air

ixpier, I had the same exact experience as you are now having whenever I attempted to reach DirectAir to use the last 2 vouchers that I purchased a few months ago to use for travel in October. For sure, it is extremely frustrating whenever you are repeatedly trying to get through and receive either a busy signal, or else the message that "all circuits are busy." I tried one day to no avail, gave up for the day, and then tried back again the following day. I started calling DirectAir as early as 7 AM, and wonder of wonders, I was actually connected to their number and placed on hold. However, I did have to wait for about 25 minutes before I was finally able to speak with an agent. Not only did I book our travel for October, but I also pre-paid our luggage fees for our upcoming trip in May. When I concluded my conversation with the agent, she assured me that she would be sending me 2 e-mails -- one for our booked travel in October, and one with an updated itinerary for our travel in May showing the fact that I had pre-paid our luggage fees. Unfortunately, I only ended up receiving the e-mail message for our October travel, and when I tried to reach DirectAir once again in order to request that they e-mail me our updated itinerary for our travel in May, I was unable to get through no matter how many times that I re-dailed. Consequently, I decided to send an e-mail to their Customer Service Dept. via the "Contact Us" section on their website. Within a few hours, I received an e-mail back from Doris from DirectAir's Customer Service Dept., who was kind enough to send me the requested information. Doris has been extremely helpful and very responsive to me on a few other occasions, as well, so I would suggest that you try re-sending another e-mail to their Customer Service Dept. and address it to Doris.

Regarding utilizing DirectAir's request form for reservations when using your vouchers, I will tell you that I had a discussion with one of their agents about this very subject sometime last year, and that this agent advised me that it was actually better to speak directly to an agent (assuming that you are actually able to get through to DirectAir to speak to one -- LOL). He led me to believe that one's chances of getting their requested flights are much better if you speak directly to an agent, rather than completing one of these forms. So based on his advice, I was reluctant to try that avenue and have just persevered in trying to reach DirectAir by phone. Again, I would suggest that you address your concerns to Doris in the "Contact Us" section of their website. She has been the one ray of sunshine in their whole operation. Good luck to you!!!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: DIrect air

Thank you for the info and advice. Still no luck with making a phone connection with Direct Air, but I will use your suggestions and use the contact us with a direct request for Doris.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: DIrect air

I really fell for the Direct Air Family Ties sale in March, buying 6 round-trip vouchers for $160.00. Beginning April 1st, you could redeem the vouchers for actual flights. After over a week of constant calling and getting busy signals on the reservation line, I tried to submit the on-line redemption form.

There's no reply to acknowledge the request was even was received! I finally called the corporate number, they transferred me to reservations and at least I got to be put on hold-- for like 20 minutes! I was able to redeem two of the vouchers for travel from Rockford to Palm Beach, leaving 05/06/2011 and returning 05/16/2011. Imagine the shock, when 10 days later, after reserving a rental car and hotels through Priceline (non-refundable) I get a call from Direct Air telling me both legs of the flight were cancelled as only 14 other people had booked! They told me, quite nicely by the way, that basically the 'fine print' allowed them to cancel the flights, too bad for me. I had to scramble today to get airfare, which ended up costing an additional $250.00! Don't take the risk of using Direct Air, you never know when you might have a very nasty surprise like I did today. Saving a few bucks up front sure ended up costing me a lot more than using a standard carrier. Being able to be confident that your flights aren't going to be cancelled is priceless; I wouldn't trust any of their sales. There are multiple complaints against Direct Air for flight cancellations, beware.

Mentioned in this post
Battle Creek
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DIrect air

It also took me hours to get my family ties vouchers booked from Kalamazoo, MI to West Palm Beach, FL. Then finally after getting flights booked, I reserved a cruise, car rentals and needed accommodation around the flights. On Easter weekend, I get a message that my flights have been cancelled. So, now I need to try and get the same flights booked with a real airline at twice the cost. I will never use Direct Air again.

Mentioned in this post
Kalamazoo
Kalamazoo
Kalamazoo County, MI
Whitby, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: DIrect air

I am also having great dificulty with Direct Air. Difficulty getting through (similar to those above) and once I did I found out the flights I wanted (I bought the vouchers because I was flexable) were sold out - several before I was able to redeem my voutures. In other words they sold me a product that did not exist.

Whitby, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: DIrect air

Sorry double post

Edited: 03 May 2011, 03:04
Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
249 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: DIrect air

I do think they are selling more vouchers than they can handle now. My experince (twice) has been that I filled out the online request to book flights. Didnt' receive any word from them one way or the other, but called and found that my flights had been booked based on my online request. However, they didn't send any email to let me know, so although I used their online form, I still hate to wait on hold for a real person and ask them to email the confirmation to me.

It's too bad they can't get their customer service act together because the actual fligths have been perfect for me.