We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel in Myrtle Beach?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best Hotel in Myrtle Beach?

Ok...last summer we stayed in Myrtle Beach, my first trip and my husbands 2nd trip. So we booked at the Anderson Ocean Club and Spa. Nice very much overrated in my book. So I need very honest opinions...what are the best hotels in Myrtle Beach. I don't mind paying a little more as long as it's worth it. I didn't feel that the Anderson was and when I read alot of the reviews it makes it even more confusing. Any and all referrals are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hotel in Myrtle Beach?

I think Breakers is the best. Everyone has an opinon though. Good luck.

Breakers Myrtle Beach Resort @ 2006 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 800 - 952 - 4507.

http://www.breakers.com/

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hotel in Myrtle Beach?

I think you need to qualify what "best" means to you. What are your priorities?

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,602 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hotel in Myrtle Beach?

The "Best" hotel in Myrtle Beach comes with many different names and many locations.Its the one where you have been given an updated well kept room with a great view and perhaps a well stocked kithen area.For some its one in the heart of everything and for others its one in a quiet secluded area.If on the week your there very loud renters above you keep you up at night it can become one of the worst.

What I'M saying is that M.B. has numerous " best hotels". Its all opinionated and some people may base their opinions on one incident.

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
711 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Hotel in Myrtle Beach?

May help if you are more specific about your disappointment with the Anderson. Not enough kid amenities ? Too many kids ? Not upscale enough ? Pool dirty ? Bad location ? Unfriendly staff ?

Edited: 06 May 2011, 12:10
Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Hotel in Myrtle Beach?

Maybe try to provide some other places that you have stayed (in other vacation spots) that you have absolutely loves as well and why. As others have said, "BEST" is a very broad term.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,322 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Hotel in Myrtle Beach?

I think the nicest accomodations in MB are at the Royale Palms. I like the location of the Breakers but it is not nearly the best resort in MB and the rankings bear that out( #30). Royale Palms has very large suites 3 bdrm at approx 2000 sq ft and 2 bdrm at apprtox 1400 sq ft. These are much larger then the standard suites. They are decorated and furnished with the Hilton Furniture package. Very upscale and top of the line. It is connecetd to the Hilton by a 1st floor corridor and is part of Kingston Plantation so you have all the amenities of a 1st class resort. It's located on a great section of beach, 2 large pools and an outstanding oceanfront tiki bar. parking is adjancent and the have a huge state of the art fitness center with an indoor pool,classes, weights, sauna, etc. They also offer a free shuttle which will take you to restaurant row and the nearby outlets. I would suggest a 2 bdrm oceanfront suite you will not be disappointed. Another nice resort is Island Vista,however, I prefer Royale Palms. Check it out online. It is pricer then the other resorts but in this case you get what you pay for.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Hotel in Myrtle Beach?

Take reviews with a grain of salt as they are very subjective. Some people let one minor irritation upset their entire vacation while others may overlook the same thing and focus on the overall experience.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Hotel in Myrtle Beach?

The best paces to stay,

Ocean front Royal Palms

Waterway Myrian Inn at the Grande Dunes

By Bradway at the Beach Sheraton Broadway Plantation

You won't find mold and dirt, you will pay top dollar for this.

When you check into a dirty room call the front desk, not housekeeping and tell them you need the room cleaned, also bring your own lysol can.

And as a side, never drink out of the coffee pot, without you 1st washing it nor the glasses and I mean never, even after maid service, you don;t want to know

Enjoy the beach

Gary

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,322 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Hotel in Myrtle Beach?

I never take the reviews with a grain of salt. I may take comments in the reviews with a grain of salt,however, I have always found that if you read enough reviews you will get a clear picture of the resort. I dismiss comments where the people have a personal problem with an employee or the room wasn't ready exactly at three or the neighbore were loud the person at the front desk was rude or didn't smile, etc. But I do pay attention to comments about cleaniness, updated rooms and amenities,location, etc.When you read enough reviews a common trend will emerge and give you a great insight. Good luck and remember if you want the best in MB look at Royale Palms.

Edited: 06 May 2011, 15:56
Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Hotel in Myrtle Beach?

For my family, the best is North Beach Plantation for the following reasons. Every condo is oceanfront and has a huge balcony. The pool complex is 2 1/2 acres, having multiple pools, hot tubs, lazy river and a swim-up bar like in the Caribbean. The location is between Ocean Creek and Beach Cove and the property borders a tidal creek allowing for a unique beach experience. It is the newest property on the Grand Strand as construction was completed in 2009, so all the units are new, clean, and have great furnishings, stainless appliances, granite counters, interior corridor access, etc. Barefoot Landing is directly across the street from the resort. Everyone has their favorite place for their own particular reasons. These are mine!