We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Everything is ready except where to eat!!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
367 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Everything is ready except where to eat!!

We are flying in on Friday and flying back home and Monday. I have everything planned (hotel, activities, church, etc) except where to eat dinner! We are staying at the Dunes Resort. We have never been to M.B. before but have been to many other beach areas. The only place I know for sure that we'd like to eat is Capt. George's Buffet because we have dined at one of their other restaurants and really liked it. We (Dad, Mom and 12 yr. old) are looking to find a place which is low-key, good seafood and has outdoor dining - preferably on the water. Nothing fancy! I have looked and looked at T.A. and can't find any good fits! We will have a car and don't mind travelling to eat! Thanks much!

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Everything is ready except where to eat!!

A recommendation - since you have a car, drive down to Murrells Inlet, the "Seafood Capital of SC" and head to Russell's. It's casual, delicious, very low-key, and has the freshest seafood you'll find. They're not directly on the water, but their outdoor deck and most of the dining room has excellent views of the inlet. TA reviews rank them #1 out of over 60 restaurants in the Murrells Inlet area, and that ranking is well-earned. tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54358-d14…

While you're in Murrells Inlet, be sure to save time after dinner to stroll the MarshWalk. It's a fun place to spend a little time, enjoy the views while listening to the various bands in the restaurants and bars. http://www.murrellsinletmarshwalk.com/

Edited: 07 May 2011, 20:19
georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Everything is ready except where to eat!!

Do go to Murrells Inlet and just drive around and pick out a place you like.Most of them will be good. Russel's, LeesInlet Kitchen, Inlet Crab House, all good seafood. Better views at Drunken Jacks, Hot Fish Club or most any of the restaurants on the east side of the road will put you right on the Marshwalk

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
367 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Everything is ready except where to eat!!

Each time I read "Murrell's Inlet" I thought it was a place to visit (like Broadway at the Beach, etc.) - I didn't realize that it was a city! DUH! I'm really excited now since my options seem endless and where to dine! Thanks you for (both) your responses!

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,976 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Everything is ready except where to eat!!

We always go to Lee's Inlet Kitchen in Murrell's Inlet but they don't have a water view. We also like Sara J's in Garden City which has a marsh view and outdoor dining if you prefer.

http://www.leesinletkitchen.com/

http://www.sarajs.com/

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Everything is ready except where to eat!!

Crab Catchers in Little River is right on the Intra-Coastal.Very good fried shrimp.Can eat outdoors on the dock.Get there early.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Everything is ready except where to eat!!

You will definately enjoy Murrells Inlet and the nearly endless dining options (most of the restaurants post their menus outside).

If you don't feel like driving too far for one of your meals, you would probably enjoy Sea Captain's House (it is right on the beach around 30th Ave N).

We've only been there for dinner, but I've been told they have a great breakfast buffet (and lunch menu).

Another one of our favorites is Gulf Stream; it overlooks Murrells Inlet but is on the Garden City Beach peninsula....one of the best "sunset view" restaurants and their early-bird specials are quite a bargain.

Both of these places have great food, white linen tableclothes and an upscale ambience, but not stuffy or expensive.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Everything is ready except where to eat!!

Most of the suggestions you were given are good, for my 2 cents, based upon what you asked for and with a 12 year old, I say go to Dead Dog Saloon, it is the largest outdoor deck along the Grand Strand looking over water and is kid friendly. Then stroll along the marshwalk and enjoy the music from all the restaurants and get a rose made from a palm frong along the walkway between Bubba Love's and Creek Ratz. Brian and his son make these for you.

Gary

8. Re: Everything is ready except where to eat!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2012, 20:16
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach