We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biker weekend...

Indian Trail, North...
Destination Expert
for Charlotte
Level Contributor
850 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Biker weekend...

Hey! Sorry if this has been discussed recently but I was planning on coming down the weekend of June 4th w/ my family and was talking w/ a coworker about the prices of the hotels being a bit high, that's when she said b/c that is bike week/weekend. I thought that was Memorial Day weekend? I'm not even sure they allow it anymore, but now I'm curious. Thanks! :)

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Biker weekend...

Bike weeks go on in May. The rates skyrocket after Memorial Day and they Drop back after Labor day. Also 4th of july is the prime vacation week in MB so that is why it is so high.

New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Biker weekend...

The reason the rates go up is because from memorial weekend until after Labor Day it is considered the Summer Season. Anytime before then you would have the spring rates. After labor day and up until end of October you have the fall rates. November on you hit the lowest rates which is the winter rates. End of May til Sep. you will be paying paying a big chunk to come to Myrtle Beach.

Indian Trail, North...
Destination Expert
for Charlotte
Level Contributor
850 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Biker weekend...

Thanks! I'm ok w/ the rates, knew I'd pay more for this time of year. I was just concerned w/ it being the biker weekend, but from what I've read I think it's Memorial Day, and we will be there the following weekend. :-)

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Biker weekend...

You will be here for th eannula season kick-off called Sun Sun Festival, there will be entertainment, shows, pagents and goings on for all to enjoy.

I will be taking part in the convertible car show at The Market Commons on Sat the 4th, if anyone is attending please say hi and vote for me :)

Y'all stay well and smile

Gary

"The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts."

- Marcus A. Antoninus

Edited: 26 May 2011, 13:35
Indian Trail, North...
Destination Expert
for Charlotte
Level Contributor
850 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Biker weekend...

Awesome! Where is the festival held?

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Biker weekend...

http://www.grandstrandevents.com/SunFun/

This link should help you out. Have fun.

7. Re: Biker weekend...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2012, 05:27