We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Summer Golf Deal

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,601 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Great Summer Golf Deal

Friend of mine just back from Myrtle Beach brought me a copy of the Sun News. Theres a deal for $128 to play 3 very good golf courses.tax and cart included and its good all summer. Bookings must be done within 48 hoursof playing.

The courses are ;

Witch- No housing at all on course and probably the most scenic inland course in Myrtle Beach.There are alligators on this course.Usually in very good condition and in many peoples top 20.

Holes are cut thru a thickly wooded forest dotted with ponds.

Man O War- Known for its all around conditioning.There are 2 or 3 island greens and water on 16 or 17 holes.Don't let that scare high handicappers as landing area is quite generous on all holes.Few houses another plus.

Wizzard- Amazingly conditioned greens everytime I have played here..One of the most forgiving courses in all of Myrtle except for the last 3 holes when a lot of water comes into play. Wide open layout with houses on 1 or 2 holes only.

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
711 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Summer Golf Deal

Thanks for your comments on the housing. I hate playing courses in tremendous shape, but essentially in someone's backyard most of the time.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,601 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Summer Golf Deal

By the way there is a reduced rate coupon book that can be purchased at the Myrte Beach Senior Center for those 55 yrs of age for around $40.Great thing is that you can bring 3 other people along and they will be honored with same rate.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Summer Golf Deal

If your looking to play any of these 3 courses, go to mysticalgolf.com and on the right side you can click and open the calander, choose your date and tee time, then submit what you would like to pay, yes you tell them what you would like to pay, they will accept or counter-offer you, you can play for less.

Stay well and smile

Gary

"If half a century of living has taught me anything at all,

it has taught me that nothing can bring you peace but yourself."

- Dale Carnegie

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,601 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Summer Golf Deal

Went on the mysticalgolf web site and entered in a date of June30.Started with a bid of $29 made 5 more bids with the last 2 being $44 & $49 and was accepted at $49. So if your playing at least 3 times the Sun News deal is better.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Summer Golf Deal

All I was doing was sharing with folks that there is a place on their site that you can get deals on a year around basis and not just when advertised in the newspaper, remember businesses only advertise when they need business, in other words when business is down.

I was not trying to infer that the ad was not a good deal, some folks coming down during the summer with their family may only wish (or be allowed, we have all been there) to golf twice during the week, so this is a good avenue for them to take.

Stay well and smile

Gary

"Being miserable is a habit; being happy is a habit;

and the choice is yours."

- Tom Hopkins

Edited: 01 June 2011, 13:27
Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,601 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great Summer Golf Deal

Gary, I thought your post was good and if not for the Sun News deal I would certainly try to get a better price.Did not know about the name your price section of their web site.

7. Re: Great Summer Golf Deal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2011, 14:38
Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,601 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great Summer Golf Deal

Just tried getting a price for this Sunday.Figured maybe closer to the day they might be willing to go lower to fill up unused tee times.Best they would give me was $52.

9. Re: Great Summer Golf Deal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2012, 05:17