We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any recommendations on where to stay in Myrtle Beach?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
128 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Any recommendations on where to stay in Myrtle Beach?

My family and I have never been to Myrtle and we are looking for a fully equipped condo oceanfront, with outdoor pool and fully equipped kitchen. Looking for a real nice place, clean and newer. Also, its important that the beach is very nice where the condo is, as we are not the type of people to hang out by the pool, although our kids will. Any suggestions of nice places to stay?

canada
Level Contributor
1,630 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any recommendations on where to stay in Myrtle Beach?

We love the Breakers and Caribbean resorts!

Give them a try - the Breakers is the more central of the two.

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any recommendations on where to stay in Myrtle Beach?

The Caribbean, Anderson, Camelot, Island Vista... any of these will work....

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,341 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any recommendations on where to stay in Myrtle Beach?

There are several real nice resorts in MB it really depends on location and how close you would like to be to the strip.I have looked at quite a few resorts and my favorite place is the Caribbean. You should look at that as well as Island Vista and Royale Palms. They all have very good amenities, I think the kids would like the water activities at the Caribbean the best. If you like to walk to some attractions then the Caribbean is the place, if you like to be more secluded then Royale Palms is a good choice. The best accomodations would be at Royale Palms but all 3 have nice size units that are very well stocked. If you choose the Caribbean make sure you stay in the Cayman Tower it is way nicer then the Dominican tower. Island Vista is a first class facility with everything you would want and it is more secluded then the Caribbean but not as secluded as Royale Palms. Good luck

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any recommendations on where to stay in Myrtle Beach?

Thank you all for your replies, looks like I have some homework to do.

Someone just mentioned to me about Kingston Plantation Resort...Does anyone know anything about this place? It seems like its a few resorts all together, not really sure...is it a high end resort? Nice beach? Good for teens? If anyone has experience on this place and can guide me to which building is a better location to access beach, etc, would appreciate it.

Thanks again!

LSH
Alburgh, Vermont
Level Contributor
621 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any recommendations on where to stay in Myrtle Beach?

Kingston Plantation is a large complex which houses the Hilton (hotel), Royale Palms (all condo), Embassy Suites and Kingston Plantation Villas and Condos. Royale Palms would be my recommendation. The units are very well appointed with full kitchens and the beach area is very nice. I have only stayed at Royale Palms with older teens and we rarely use the pools. We have stayed in other areas and prefer the beach around Kingston Plantation. Others would rather stay closer to 'the action'.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,341 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any recommendations on where to stay in Myrtle Beach?

Royale Palms is located within the Kingston Plantation. Since you have teens, they may prefer being closer to the activities. Royale Palms will require the most driving out of the 3 I recommended.

7. Re: Any recommendations on where to stay in Myrtle Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2011, 14:38
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any recommendations on where to stay in Myrtle Beach?

After researching a bit, a friend of mine suggested Kingston Plantation, but I see that there are 4 different towers...also wondering if this complexe is a 5 star? I read somewhere that it is...not sure.

Looking for a place to go with my husband and 2 teens, any suggestions?

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Any recommendations on where to stay in Myrtle Beach?

There are no 5 star resorts in MB, I have posted previously the 4 star ones, I can't rember for sure who they all were so please search my past posts, subject should say 4 or 5 star resort or hotel.

Marina Inn at the Grand Dunes and Cypress Inn, come to mind

Gary

Cobourg, Ontario
Level Contributor
242 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any recommendations on where to stay in Myrtle Beach?

I'm confused because a lot of condos in the vicinity of Kingston Plantation speak of being close to a pier which is the longest (apache??) and Ocean Annies's - both of which sound like fun, and yet here people are saying it is a more "secluded" area, could you help? Also what is the area around the Ocean Forest resort like? I love the beach as well and am looking for the best beach areas - have been looking all over including as far north as Cherry and as far south as the Myrtle beach resort and newer Sands resort in South Beach area.