We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heat

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
jc tenn
Level Contributor
541 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Heat

Here in mb now - we're having a heat wave. I haven't felt heat like this since moving from Miami in '03. There are jellyfish but no stings to the family yet, thankfully.

KC

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heat

About 14 years ago, we were there 2nd or 3rd week of June & temps were as high as 105 inland. Was unbelievably hot! Felt okay as long as we didn't leave the beach :)

Hope you have a fun vacation!

Edited: 03 June 2011, 01:11
Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,255 posts
1,278 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heat

IT is very hot here right now-I don't see how people sit on the beach all day in these temps. Would drive me nuts. LOL. I am going shopping...

canada
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heat

Funny you should say that....my hubby can never understand why everyone goes shopping when it is the warmest out. What can I say - his is a non-shopper.

Hoping the weather is equally as nice when we arrive June 11th and that the jelly fish stay away.

Marion, Virginia
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heat

We also arrive June 11th.I am in total agreement with you needabreak. I am not too comfortable in the water with creatures.Last year, same week we had to get out of the water for stingrays.At least the jellyfish aren't lethal.I don't think anyway.Hope everyone has a good time & the heat wave leaves before you leave for home!

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heat

The wind blows almost constantly in MB so as long as you have a little shade it is not too bad. You can enjoy the beach almost all the time

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heat

You don't realize just how hot a day it might be as long as your on the beach. Just walk along Ocean Blvd where the breeze is blocked by all the buildings though and it can be sweltering. Further inland, like Broadway At The Beach, can be miserable at times even in the evening.

jc tenn
Level Contributor
541 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Heat

Back home now. With the humidity, it feels much hotter in MB than many areas. On the beach, it's fine with the breeze and ocean to cool off. Off the beach, it's miserable. We went to Broadway at the Beach and left after one store. Too hot to walk around.

I had to change our plans for the Alligator Adventure, zoo, Brookgreen Gardens, etc. I knew it wouldn't be enjoyable in the heat. The beach was great, though!

KC

North Aurora...
Level Contributor
4 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heat

It was about 90 degree today. Nice on the beach but pretty hot elsewhere. We have tickets for Alligator Adventure but plan to go in the evening when it is cooler out.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heat

Thats why I can't understand how the #1 ranked resort in MB is 2 miles off the beach. When its hot I would want that ocean breeze.

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Heat

lololol now see that is perfect weather for me we will be there on the 11th and the way my luch has been I'll be lucky for it to get to 80 and then I will be freezing........ 2 years ago we were there this time and 2 days 2 of us had to come in because the temps barely hit 80 and with the wind it was just toooo chilly for us...