We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Directions from Columbus, Ohio

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
296 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Directions from Columbus, Ohio

What is the best way to drive from Columbus, Ohio to MB? I have heard several different ways, but we want the quickest- about how long will it take? Thanks for your help!

new york
Level Contributor
487 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Directions from Columbus, Ohio

Go to www.funbeaches.com go to message board most people on this board are from ohio this is your best bet for easy directions.

ohio
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Directions from Columbus, Ohio

I was going to tell her the same thing. Funbeaches.com helped me out alot before we went last summer. I'm from Ohio also.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
296 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Directions from Columbus, Ohio

I checked funbeaches.com for directions, but they are from 2004. Just wondering if there may be a new and better way? I have heard of going 77 to Charlotte and over and also 77 to Greensboro etc. I have heard it will be a 10 hour drive and others say 12 hours. Also, is it better to arrive in MB say on a Monday instead of a weekend day to avoid traffic? Looking for the most direct way. Any suggestions from those who make this drive for vacation? Thanks!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Directions from Columbus, Ohio

Looks like a few options-- you could stay on 77 all the way into Charlotte then jump on 20 into Florence, to US RT 76 over to Rt 501, this way you are interstate most of the way, around Florence can be a bit confusing, but follow the signs that say "To all Beaches"...once on Rt 501, you will turn off onto Rt 22 (new road) and depending on where at the beach you are staying you will continue on this until you reach Rt 17 (for North Myrtle Beach) or get off on Grissom Pkwy for Myrtle Beach.

And yes, you will experience alot less traffic coming in on either Sunday or Monday...heaviest days coming into the beach are Friday and Saturday, heaviest days for departure is Sunday.

Have a safe trip! :)

NC mountains
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Directions from Columbus, Ohio

I agree that 77/20/76 is the way to go. Take 77 all the way to Columbia, SC. Then 20 East to Florence and 76/501 to Myrtle. It is definitely better to arrive and leave on a weekday. You will want to avoid the stretch of 77 from Statesville, NC to Rock Hill, SC during rush hour. Enjoy!

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,080 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Directions from Columbus, Ohio

Have you tyed mapquest.com ? It want be to much traffic if you arrive on a sunday.

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach