We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton - Myrtle Beach - Scared of Reviews

Reading...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton - Myrtle Beach - Scared of Reviews

Hi. My family and I are headed to the Hilton at Myrtle beach in a week or so. We stayed at Kingston Plantation about 5 years ago and loved it. Since this was basically part of the same property, we decided to book at the Hilton for a great deal. We are now looking at some of the reviews and they are a bit scarey. We did the pay ahead to get a better rate, so now we can't cancel. Lets be honest here....who has stayed at this resort in the last few months and what was your honest opinion? We are used to staying at some of the little hotels at the Jersey Shore. Are we in for worse than that? The property still looks amazing...the rooms do to. Are we being misled by the pictures?

New Hartford, New...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,068 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton - Myrtle Beach - Scared of Reviews

Kingston Plantation itself is awesome. You'll have full access to all of the amenities. As for the rooms, I think that's hit or miss. If you do have an issue get in touch with the front desk immediately and ask them to handle it. If they don't resolve any problems you have, within reason(!) ask again! Politely tell them you are an avid poster on TA and you want to give a great review of their property.

Hilton has had it's share of problems and they have needed to upgrade their rooms for many years. Too bad HIlton Grand Vacation Club didn't pick Kingston Plantation instead of Anderson! Then EVERYTHING would have been updated!

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,394 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton - Myrtle Beach - Scared of Reviews

I stayed at the Royale Palms which is connected to the Hilton. You will love all the amenities,location, Fitness center, beach,pools,tiki bar, lobby, etc. I have not seen the actual rooms in the Hilton but I have heard they are just OK, nothing great but not bad either. You will be in a much better place then the Jersey Shore.

Columbia, SC
Level Contributor
288 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton - Myrtle Beach - Scared of Reviews

It's been a year since we stayed there (4th of July 2010) but I'll give my honest opinion. We had a room with 2 doubles (had booked a King) so I wasn't happy about that from the start. But the rooms were clean & everything was in working order. Sure, some of the wallpaper was peeling off in the bathroom, a mirror was hung crooked, but the room was fine. I love Kingston Plantation, but the whole place was just way too crowded when we went. You could not enjoy the pools and forget about te beach at all. Hopefully when you go it won't be quite as bad as July 4th was.

4. Re: Hilton - Myrtle Beach - Scared of Reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 09:16
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach