We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving Very Late Sunday without a reservation

Atlanta Ga
Level Contributor
104 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving Very Late Sunday without a reservation

Hi. My husband and I have reservations at The Breakers Resort for August 1-5. We are leaving Atlanta on Sunday July 31 and there is a small chance that we will drive all the way. However, I am concerned about arriving in MB on a Sunday night around midnight (or later ( and not having a reservation. Will there be anything open that late on a Sunday night ? that will accept a one night stay ?

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving Very Late Sunday without a reservation

Im sure some where will have a room. The problem will that some places close there front desk at midnight or so.

Ulster Park, New...
Level Contributor
360 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving Very Late Sunday without a reservation

I believe that any place that would have a vacancy AND keep their front desk open that late may be the kind of place better avoided. If it's only for one night, perhaps you could stay at a place near the interstate and go to MB the next morning.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving Very Late Sunday without a reservation

I would sugest you stay at one of the hotels on 501 as you enter Conway, then your just 25 minutes from the Breakers in the morning

Gary

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,353 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving Very Late Sunday without a reservation

I have had good luck with late arrivals at The Red Roof Inn. Unless you want to guarantee a room, just call when you know for sure that you will drive all the way in that day.

5. Re: Arriving Very Late Sunday without a reservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2011, 03:19
Cedar Point, North...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving Very Late Sunday without a reservation

Print out the phone numbers to your choice of hotels and call one of them to make a reservation as soon as you know that you will be driving in that night. I wouldn't wait until I got to MB and then try to find something that late.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arriving Very Late Sunday without a reservation

I would combine mit's & gary's suggestions. Or, if you want to be in MB when you wake up in the morning - call some preferred MB hotels ahead to see if the front desk will be open all night.

Wake Forest, NC
Level Contributor
919 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arriving Very Late Sunday without a reservation

The Palms is a dump....go with Gary's suggestion....Stay out, away from the beach, it will be a lot cheaper (At mid-night do you really need to be by the beach?)

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,393 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arriving Very Late Sunday without a reservation

vacationmrytle beach really gives out some odd suggestions. I would be very careful about following that advice.

yo. oh
Level Contributor
320 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Arriving Very Late Sunday without a reservation

We were just in MB this past week - while driving down Ocean Drive, I was surprised to see the number of properties that had "check our special walk in rates" on their marquee signs - so availability does not seem like a problem when arriving with out a reservation.

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach