We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just read a review....

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Just read a review....

they complained that the beds were too short. I don't understand that, I always thought beds were beds, they don't come in lengths. But this is why reviews should be only used as a guideline, and why it's important to weed out the ones that seem "off".

Ulster Park, New...
Level Contributor
360 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just read a review....

That's funny. Please link us to that review, I need a laugh.

Some people just have to complain. What's a palace to one person is a shack to another. I just glad that I'm easily pleased.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just read a review....

Paradise Resort....review titled " Worst trip to the beach ever"

Ulster Park, New...
Level Contributor
360 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just read a review....

I just Googled "beds were too short" hotel reviews. Surprise, it's actually a very common complaint. Click this:

http://tinyurl.com/3z7ul73

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
801 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just read a review....

I take reviews like that as BS. I know you will have first time reviewers, but no detail, only complaints, and obviously did not seek any resolution. Think about it, would you stay in conditions that had stains all over the beds and dirty underwear?? I mean I would not even unpack and would be at the front desk discussing the condition of the room and getting a new room.

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
273 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just read a review....

I cant recall where we were but I have ran into a short bed.

I distinctly recall because I am 5'6.5" :<) and my husband is 5'8" and his feet were right at the edge of the bed. We laughed because we were imagining my 6'8" brother attempting to get any sleep in a similar bed.

I loved the hotel and never would have thought to complain. And I assume for most guest it is not an issue

I wonder if the hotel got a great deal for a lot of irreugular beds? Or if they used those shorter mattresses in a few rooms to replace the broken/torn/stained ones. Who knows? It was before my tripadvisor days.

The bed issue is funny. The dirty underwear...not so much!!!

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just read a review....

Most hotel beds tha say queen size seem to be full size. I'm 6'3" and I have never had a bed that I didn't hang off of in a hotel. Now I fit in a queen at home with no problem. Now this is not a reason to down a hotel or business.

7. Re: Just read a review....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 16:18