We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar with pool or hot tub?

Pittsburgh...
4 posts
Save Topic
Bar with pool or hot tub?

This question may seem pretty strange but my fiance and I will be traveling to N.Myrtle in Sept and I'm wondering if there are any bars that have a pool or hot tub attached? There is a place near our home like this and it's always a blast. We usually do resorts/condos so we almost always book somewhere with a pool but this was not an option this year. We will be traveling with our dog and we wanted a private home with a yard and the ones with a pool/hot tub were out of our price range. We LOVE the ocean but at least one of the days we were hoping to have a few drinks and a bite to eat poolside. Thanks in advance for any help!

Melissa

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar with pool or hot tub?

I believe that the Hotel Blue does. It is the former Tropical Winds hotel. I beleve it has been completely reneovated.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
41 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar with pool or hot tub?

The best western ocean sands has a Tiki Bar attached, though there is no food. I stayed here last year, but I did not go to the tiki bar myself. It's right by the pool. I don't think it is a full fledged bar, just some mixed drinks and such, but you might want to check reviews for that.

http://www.oceansands.com/gallery.html?p=2

Pittsburgh...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar with pool or hot tub?

Thank you both for the replies. Do you think though, that because these are hotels/resorts the bar and pool areas are for guests only?

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar with pool or hot tub?

Yes most pools are for guests only. There are a few that allow people to come off the beach and enjoy a cocktail and food at thier tiki bar.

I know what your asking for and no there are no bars that I am aware of that have pools and hot tubs, I have been to pool party bars that your thinking of and actually looked into opening one a number of years ago but the insurance here was a stopping point.

Ocean Annies on Shore Dr has a large oceanfront party deck and the pool is off to the side and when I use to go there I used the pool, the public is welcome to their all day beach party.

Pittsburgh...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bar with pool or hot tub?

Thank you for the info, Gary. I'm sorry that insurance got in the way of you opening your business, those premiums can be wicked. I'll definitely be looking up Ocean Annie's, seems close to what we are looking for. Thanks again!

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bar with pool or hot tub?

Your welcome, I'm going to PM you something else which may help with your trip here.

Gary

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bar with pool or hot tub?

Gary is right. Ocean Annies is worth the visit and may be exactly what you are looking for.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bar with pool or hot tub?

Never mind my psot. You are looking for a Bar that has a pool. Not a hotel pool that has a bar.

9. Re: Bar with pool or hot tub?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 11:20
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach