We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thank you to all the Locals

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
56 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Thank you to all the Locals

I wanted to take a quick moment to thank the locals who diligently post on here and answer our questions. You really do help make our trips more enjoyable and prove to be a constant source of knowledge.

Thank you for all your replies!

Atlanta Ga
Level Contributor
104 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thank you to all the Locals

Yes, absolutely thank you to all. Nanajayne helped me a lot with driving from Atlanta, I loved Gary2beach 's recommendation of The Breakers, and so many others that continue to answer the same questions over and over again with patience.

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thank you to all the Locals

Uh, there are no locals in Myrtle Beach. Everyone is from somewhere else. :)

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,097 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thank you to all the Locals

Some of the Destination experts are locals.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Thank you to all the Locals

Thank you Penny, it's nice to know that I help.

Hey arby, my daughter was born in 79 at Grand Strand Hospital in MB, and that was the year I 1st moved here, I feel kind of local, I know I am one of the few on here that have been here a while :)

cbr, other than pawleysdude, who I think moved here maybe 6 years ago, I don;t think, at least I can't recall right off, if there are any other destination experts who actually live here full time.

I am not making the next statement to begrudge anyone, but I do know of at least one MB destination expert who has never been here other than in January, yes this person adds great content to the site, I am just stating that everything is not what it appears here.

Just stating facts and keeping it real.

Y'all enjoy

Gary

"Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that,

you can make anything happen."

-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,097 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thank you to all the Locals

I believe that is in Little River. MBGal, which dosen't post to ofter, said that she works for a resort in MB.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
10,540 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thank you to all the Locals

gary I'm pretty sure hart1 lives in MB. (works there anyway)

I live about 7-8 hours from Myrtle. Been coming there since the 60's when I was little. I come down once a year, but my husband comes down 3-4 times a year.

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thank you to all the Locals

Hey Arby - Where u been? We're headin' up your way on Sunday for a few days of babysittin' duty. <:-o

We've been here FT for about a dozen years, vacationed here regularly since we were knee-high to a palmetto bug, but still don't consider ourselves as "locals". We actually know a few legit locals. They all have crazy, glazed looks in their eyes, still trying to figure out what happened to their paradise. <:-))

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Thank you to all the Locals

Like I said, I could not think of any others off hand, and yes hart1 and mbgal1223etc are DE's and live here.

Gary

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thank you to all the Locals

^^ Hi Pawleysdude, hope you're doing well!

I'm a local only to the extent that my family owns property there (in Garden City), so we try to take advantage by visiting as often as we can. Problem is, things change so quickly, e.g. restaurants that come and go, new attractions, road/highway changes, that sometimes a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

So yes, thanks to all you locals for keeping us on top of things!

New Hartford, New...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thank you to all the Locals

Funny how people look at "locals". I have lived in New York since I was in first grade (oh my that was a loooong time ago!) yet to some I will never be a local because I wasn't born here. That's ok because I'll always be a southern girl! Born in Va!

I have been going to Myrtle Beach for 20 years, some times 3-4 times a year. I was delighted when asked to be a DE and love offering suggestions to travelers. I know I consider DE's in other parts of the world invaluable when planning a trip.

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States