We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes

Hello, My family is looking into visiting Myrtle beach this July we have a time share and are looking to swap and go to Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes. I have two teenage sons and don't want to be too secluded for their sake. Can anyone tell me if this hotel is in walking distance to activities such as water slides where they can venture out on their own for a bit.

Thanks,

Monica, CT

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
296 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes

We visited the Marriott Ocena watch Villas last year. The villas are beautiful! The Marriott is pretty secluded and I do not remember there be anything close enough to walk to.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes

The Marriott OceanWatch sets towards the north end of Myrtle Beach (but not in N Myrtle Beach -- its confusing!) Not really any waterparks within walking distance. In fact only 2 in the whole area....and you would have to drive no matter where you stayed.

With that being said, there are a few hotels in that area that have some great pool facilities (and yes, a number of guests do "pool hop") The Apache Pier is maybe half mile walk, there an arcade there...heading south from the hotel is a number of places playing live music...and a surf zone (in case they want to rent a surf board). Most kids end up meeting up with other kids and tend to "find" their own fun. I really like this part of Myrtle Beach...its very safe and clean. The beach is really nice and wide.

You may want to take a look at a great map of the area on our local bus services' website:

www.golymo.com (click maps/schedules)

and a great local info guide:

www.strandmagazine.com

Hope all this helps! Have a great time...these are some beautiful condos! :)

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,624 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes

Shorecrest in North Myrtle Beach is within walking distance of Alligator Adventure,House Of Blues,Dicks Last Resort,Alabama Theater,all of which are inside of Barefoot Landing.Shorecrest is a step below Marriot but is on the ocean and not as secluded.Also within walking distance is Hamburger Joes.

Sheratons Broadway Villas are within walking distance of Broadway At The Beach but are about a mile from the ocean.The M.B. Pelicans Field is also close by.Lots to do there if you dont mind not being on the ocean.

NC
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes

I've stayed at both of Tony's suggestions about 3 times each and I agree; both would be good choices.