We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oceanfront resort w/indoor pool & lazy river? Seafood?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wilkesboro, North...
1 post
Save Topic
Oceanfront resort w/indoor pool & lazy river? Seafood?

I need recommendations for a resor for an October mini vacation. I have 2 children and feel like an indoor pool and lazy river would be nice since it will probably be too cold to get in the ocean.

I am also interested in recommendations for fresh seafood restaurants around MB. We typically stay at Ocean Isle Beach and drive down to Calabash to eat. I am looking for Calabash type seafood in the MB area.

Thanks in advance for you replies!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
492 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oceanfront resort w/indoor pool & lazy river? Seafood?

Sandy Beach Resort has a decent indoor pool and indoor lazy river. We stayed there in August and enjoyed our stay. Also, next door at Ocean's One they have a big indoor pool but the lazy river is under an overhang, not really indoor. SBR was very affordable, near the 2nd Ave. Pier. Only drawback is parking is across the street but it wasn't a big deal...for us anyway. The other hotel I looked at that was in that price range and had an indoor lazy river was Captain's Quarters. I actually went over there and looked around when I was there and the pools did look nice but the reviews on TA aren't as good as SBR.

Good luck!

Georgia
Level Contributor
105 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oceanfront resort w/indoor pool & lazy river? Seafood?

Dunes Village resort has two indoor water parks and lots of activitys for kids. We will be going there in October and choose it for all the inside pools and slides for the kids. the rooms look nice and the price are good in October

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,295 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oceanfront resort w/indoor pool & lazy river? Seafood?

Most of our favorite restaurants are on the southend (Murrells Inlet area) which will be about 10 miles south of "central MB". We really like Russells Seafood Grill, Lee's Inlet Kitchen and Drunken Jack's there. Of course there are seafood buffets all around if buffets appeal to you and they all serve Calabash style.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oceanfront resort w/indoor pool & lazy river? Seafood?

The Holiday Sands South at South Beach has an indoor Lazy River, pool, and kiddie pool splash thing. This is in the condo towers which is only a few years old. It is a nice place to stay. You can also use the pools next door the the other Holiday Sands South building.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,332 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oceanfront resort w/indoor pool & lazy river? Seafood?

The Caribbean has an indoor lazy river, indoor pool , indoor kiddy pool, and 2 indoor hot tubs. It is also next door to the Sea Captains House which is one of the better restaurants in MB. Good luck

6. Re: Oceanfront resort w/indoor pool & lazy river? Seafood?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 23:20
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach