We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report 9/10 - 9/25

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,417 posts
258 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report 9/10 - 9/25

Earlier this year i was in MB for a week looking to buy a unit that I could rent out and use as a vacation spot. I looked at many resorts either online-and/or in person. I chose the Caribbean and I must say for us it was the right choice. This is the first time back aftre buying the unit in mid March and it looked exactly the same, the condition was just how I saw it.

Now about the trip

The weather was great the first week and occasional storms rolled thru the second week but they really didn't interfere with our plans. We went horseback riding on the beach in Murrells inlet and it was great and the horses and the guides were fantastic. We did the Marshwalk and rented a potoon boat and rode around the inlet. We visited Broadway on the beach and went to Croc Rocks and the dueling piano's and that was well worth the visit and is a great time. One of our other favorites was Brookgreen Gardens, I am usually not a big fan of these type of places but it is truly magnificent and is a must see. One day we toured Charleston and it is a beautiful city with so much to offer. We enjoyed the beach and pools, visted the Boardwalk and Skywheel, the DJ and karoake at the Tiki Bar was fun and enjoyable. Our favorite restaurants were the Sea Captains House which can have long waits but you can listen to live music and have cocktails in the rear room overlooking the ocean. Travinia in Markets Common is a first rate Italian Restaurant with great service and atmosphere. The other restaurant was the Carolina Roadhouse on Rt 17, we found the food to be very good and overall a very nice place. We had pizza at Micheals Pizza which is on 17 about 20th and I found it to be pretty good. We hated top leave and hopefully we will be able to return sooner then later. We find that MB has so much to offer and it really is a place for everyone.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report 9/10 - 9/25

I'm going to own something down there one day. I haven't decided what or when yet. Are you breaking even with the rent vs your expenses of the condo?

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,417 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report 9/10 - 9/25

Actually way ahead at this point however the slow season has not come and since this is my first year we will have to see. When we checked in on Sept 10th the place was full and was mostly full during our entire stay. Even with using it 20 nights since owning it ( me 15 and my son 5) it has produced great rental revenues.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report 9/10 - 9/25

You have a point, The next 6 months are probably the slowest months. Breaking even on a vacation rental property would make me happy. Not necessarily making a profit.

Novi MI
Level Contributor
236 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report 9/10 - 9/25

Where did you rent the pontoon boat and can you share the rates/experience? Thanks.

Louisville, Kentucky
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report 9/10 - 9/25

Thank you for the trip information..I've been going back n forth on deciding to reserve @ the Caribbean this summer or another resort..

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,417 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report 9/10 - 9/25

The caribbean is my favorite for many reasons

7. Re: Trip Report 9/10 - 9/25

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach