We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf 9-holes or course recommendations for lady golfer?

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
32 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Golf 9-holes or course recommendations for lady golfer?

I'd like to golf with my husband next week in the Myrtle Beach area. Is it possible to golf 9-holes at a decent course in MB, if so, any recommendations? I'm not interested in par-3 courses, but I'm also not interested in a really difficult course. I am about a 30 handicap and my husband is a 17. I prefer 9-holes, but willing to try 18. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Howell, NJ
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf 9-holes or course recommendations for lady golfer?

Here are some links about women friendly courses

worldgolf.com/features/myrtle-beach-golf-wom…

myrtlebeachgolfnews.com/GolfNews/NewsDetails…

myrtlebeachgolfsecret.com/womens_golf_myrtle…

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
32 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf 9-holes or course recommendations for lady golfer?

Thanks ledzep, I've looked on the websites. So far considering Myrtle Beach National (west or southcreek), Myrtlewood Pine Hills, or Tradition. Overwhelming looking on the internet, and having never golfed in Myrtle.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
199 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf 9-holes or course recommendations for lady golfer?

Suggest you book early.... this is the high season and tee times for the time you want can get scarce. Myrtlewood is a good, open course, not too long, not alot of trouble... you have to try to hit a house :)

Edited: 07 October 2011, 02:57
Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,638 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf 9-holes or course recommendations for lady golfer?

Myrtle Beach National West Course and the Wizzard are both very forgiving with no housing on course.

Heathland may also play well for the ladies and inquire if they still have the breakfast and lunch special included with the golf.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
32 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf 9-holes or course recommendations for lady golfer?

Thanks for the responses, I took your advice and booked times at two courses, one being Myrtle Beach National West. I'm glad I did, since I've not been in Myrtle in October before...now I don't have to worry about getting out on a course. I'll try not to hit a house..or my husband, and I'm bringing alot of extra golf balls!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
199 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf 9-holes or course recommendations for lady golfer?

What was your other course?

And don't worry about the houses, we that live on courses realize its the price we pay for a free backyard :)

7. Re: Golf 9-holes or course recommendations for lady golfer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 06:16