We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying out of MYR for a week. Suggestions on where to park?

Charleston, South...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Flying out of MYR for a week. Suggestions on where to park?

I live in Charleston but I'm flying out of MYR and need to park my car for a week. First option is to park at the airport, but since my flight is early, I was looking into getting a hotel for the night before my departure and leaving my car there. Any suggestions on the best value for a hotel where I can leave my car and use their shuttle for airport drop off / pick up?

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying out of MYR for a week. Suggestions on where to park?

A few problems here, that was good you got a flight out of MB for less than CHS, I have flown a number of times out of chs due to the cost savings.

Most hotels here do not have shuttle service and they are not going to let you leave your car there for a week without being towed.

Your best bet if you don;t want to get up and drive from CHS is to stay maybe in Georgetown (rooms are less money) then drive only 35 minutes to MB and park in the long term parking, it is past the terminal and you take a bus back to the terminal, you don;t have to walk.

Gary

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
711 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying out of MYR for a week. Suggestions on where to park?

Landmark Resort on S Ocean Blvd at 16th Ave S has a free shuttle (reserve in advance), but as Gary states, they may not let you leave your car for a week.... though it is the off-season and they have a decent size garage. It's worth a call.

http://www.landmarkresort.com/

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
711 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying out of MYR for a week. Suggestions on where to park?

Then again, the parking rates are pretty reasonable:

myrtlebeachairport.org/Myrtle-Beach-Airport/…

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying out of MYR for a week. Suggestions on where to park?

You can park in the Pavilion garage. They I think they have daily, weekly, and monthly rates.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,409 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying out of MYR for a week. Suggestions on where to park?

Park at the airport. You are trying to save some $ and leave your car at a hotel garage for a week even though you checked at days before. or at a downtown lot that may cost you more. I don't get it.

New Hartford, New...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,068 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying out of MYR for a week. Suggestions on where to park?

Agree with lenk. Park at the airport. Why would you want the aggravation of parking elsewhere, worrying about making your flight, returning and having to get transportation back to your car? I hope you saved big bucks by flying out of MYR. You're going through an awful lot of trouble for this savings. I understand trying to save some money-sometimes we fly in and out of Wilmington and have also flown in/out of Raleigh and Charlotte. But that's only when we are renting a car and the flight was a significant savings. Plus we had relatives in Raleigh/Charlotte.

As for using a hotel lot - some may actually let you park there if you're asking for a time when occupancy is low. If you're a frequent traveller at a particular hotel chain they may accommodate you. It certainly won't hurt to ask. There are many hotels near the airport. Just search on google maps. The Red Roof Inn gets decent reviews. You might want to check them out: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g54359-d115213-…

Hope you find the scenario that works best for you! Safe travels!

Charleston, South...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying out of MYR for a week. Suggestions on where to park?

thanks for the help! the reason i flew out of MYR was twofold..i am saving about $230 on the flight, plus i wanted to visit myrtle beach the prior day...i believe the hilton garden inn provides shuttle service to the airport and being that it's the slow season, i'll probably be able to park there...just gotta double check. thanks again!

Charleston, South...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying out of MYR for a week. Suggestions on where to park?

looks like the Staybridge suites also has a shuttle and lets you park for however long you need to.

9. Re: Flying out of MYR for a week. Suggestions on where to park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2012, 10:24
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach