We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary in February

Southern Maryland
Level Contributor
48 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Anniversary in February

My hubby and I are celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary in February and are looking to maybe doing a weekend getaway in SC. Can anyone offer any info on where to stay that is romantic and possibly has jacuzzi tubs or fireplaces in the rooms? We are looking at the Charleston or Myrtle Beach area.

Thanks

New Hartford, New...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary in February

As much as I love Myrtle Beach nothing says romance like Charleston. Check their forum. You won't be disappointed. My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary there and loved every moment. Be sure to take a carriage ride! There are many wonderful experts on the Charleston forum!

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary in February

Yes, between the two, I agree. You should post your question on that forum also.

I would think you could also find a cozy, romantic B&B or spa somewhere much closer to home....I have always thought Ellicott City can be a romantic place, but the MD east coast has better scenery (St. Michaels, Tilghman Island, Easton, Oxford, etc.).

I remember the Poconos used to bill themselves as a "romantic getaway" destination, and still can be, but the days of the heart-shaped tubs and mirrored ceilings went the way of the disco balls.

New Hartford, New...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary in February

If you don't mind a pricey place in the Pocono's go to Woodloch Spa. It's heavenly and can be extremely romantic! There's also the Hershey Lodge. Oh that chocolate! That massage! Makes me want to go right now! But all in all I'm still putting Charleston on my top list. We adore it!

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,417 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary in February

Charleston is a great city to visit,however, I have to agree with lillious about Woodloch Lodge. It is rated one of the top destination spa's in the US and makes for a great weekend trip. From southern Maryland you would still be closer to Woodloch and the Feb rates are somewhat cheaper. Good luck

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,063 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary in February

AND you're more likely to find a fireplace in your room up there.

Southern Maryland
Level Contributor
48 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anniversary in February

Thanks for the suggestions everyone

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anniversary in February

Charleston gets my vote. Too darn cold in the Poconos!

8. Re: Anniversary in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2012, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach