We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic weekend getaway for two (jacuzzi inquiry)

Jacksonville, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Romantic weekend getaway for two (jacuzzi inquiry)

My husband is returning to the States after over 10 months of being deployed and I am trying to plan a little weekend getaway for the two of us in MB. I'm looking for a nice room with a jacuzzi tub in the room (not a jetted bathtub that can barely squeeze one person) and of the hotels I was looking at, these are the possible choices I've narrowed down...

Sea Mist Resort

Caravelle Resort

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Myrtle Beach

Of these three, does anyone have a recommendation of which one would be the best choice? I'm welcome to hear other options (I looked at the Island Vista, but the price range is a bit too steep). I just want to surprise my husband and make him happy for a weekend with a micro-mini-beach honeymoon.

Thanks!

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
1 review
1. Re: Romantic weekend getaway for two (jacuzzi inquiry)

Well out the the 3 you have listed, Country Inn is the newest but it is located on the west of the Waterway.

Caravelle as well as Sea Mist is oceanfront and of the 2, I would choose Caravelle, as it is a bit nicer than Sea Mist, which if not for the economy having tanked, the whole place, all the buildings were to be demolished and a 2 block area was to be built as the new and beautiful Sea Mist Resort.

Gary

Jacksonville, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Romantic weekend getaway for two (jacuzzi inquiry)

Thanks Gary! I was leaning towards Caravelle and failed to realize that Country Inn wasn't located near the beach. Then again, since it will be February time, I don't think it'll be particularly matter to be by the water because of the February weather :)

It's a shame that Sea Mist isn't getting that well needed renovation, especially since I saw that alot of the reviews related to either cleanliness issues or bugs, /yuck

Thanks again for your thoughts!

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Romantic weekend getaway for two (jacuzzi inquiry)

As for the "tabled" Sea Mist renovations, maybe we should all send in contributions to keep it on shedule....(;<D)

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
44 posts
4. Re: Romantic weekend getaway for two (jacuzzi inquiry)

A lot of people rule out oceanfront in the winter time but during that time period I think it's the most beautiful. During the summer all you are looking at is umbrellas and hundreds of people. During the winter time, you actually get to appreciate the true beauty of the ocean/beach since there are only a few stragglers walking along the shoreline. I would highly recommend an oceanfront room during the winter time. Also, in the mornings you can see dolphins playing :)

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,212 posts
99 reviews
5. Re: Romantic weekend getaway for two (jacuzzi inquiry)

I agree about the beach in winter. Nothing could be more relaxing or romantic, and winter rates on the beach are so much more affordable in winter than in summer! If you have the sea view and the sound of the surf, you may not need the jacuzzi. ;-)

Howell, NJ
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
70 reviews
6. Re: Romantic weekend getaway for two (jacuzzi inquiry)

Ocean Reef, Sea Dunes, or Island Vista have jucuzzi suites

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
44 posts
7. Re: Romantic weekend getaway for two (jacuzzi inquiry)

I don't suggest Ocean Reef just because I feel as if it has gone downhill but I do know that Breakers Resort has a really nice jacuzzi suite (aka their honeymoon suite) that sits on the corner of their building so you'll have a beautiful view. My boyfriend and I stayed there and loved it. I haven't stayed at Sea Dunes but I looked up the reviews on here and there are very few good ones. I know to take these reviews with a grain of salt but when it's majority that's when a red flag pops up. Island Vista is nice though and it is also a good suggestion..soooo....Breakers or Island Vista are my suggestions :)

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,740 posts
40 reviews
8. Re: Romantic weekend getaway for two (jacuzzi inquiry)

Surprised at above comment on Ocean Reef. Just scanned thru about 10 reviews of Ocean Reef and all were good. Always remember thet most all units in MB hotels are privately owned and I would suggest asking for an A-rated or Premier unit because not all units are the same.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
44 posts
9. Re: Romantic weekend getaway for two (jacuzzi inquiry)

I agree with Tony on the home owned units and to be totally honest, I was thinking of Crown Reef...not Ocean Reef :) my bad.

Columbus, Ohio...
4 posts
10. Re: Romantic weekend getaway for two (jacuzzi inquiry)

Has anyone ever stayed at Island Vista ? Looking to stay there over the 4th of the Julyweek in a 4 bedroom . Our only concern is the location. We have and 18 year old daughter 15 yr old son and 11 year old daughter who will all be bringing a friend , is there enough to do there for my teens and preteens?? Any reccomendations? We also looked at the Anderson - Also has anyone booked through Condo Lux ? Thanks ! Any help is appreciated greatly