We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral Beach

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New England
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Coral Beach

HI,

We are heading down to Myrtle Beach at the end of July from MA. We are most likely driving as flying is expensive (unless anyone knows cheap airlines). We are looking into the Coral Beach. Anyone have any info on this Resort? We have two children with one in his teens. We came down about 7 years ago and stayed at the Holiday Inn at the Pavilion, but it seems like that has changed over the years. I looked into on this web site, but didn't see as much positive info.

Thanks for your help!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral Beach

Coral beach is a good place to stay, especially if you have kids. There is soooo much to do right there at the hotel. There's a really great pool area, arcade, bowling, restaurants...you name it. You may want to check out some of the reviews to the left...keep in mind that they have recently renovated the property, inside and out. I think the Holiday Inn and the Pavilion is going thru some management changes or something (I think they may converting over to condos ??)so not for sure about staying at that property during any transition.

Not alot of options on flights into Myrtle Beach. You may want to try Hooters Airline (but they have suspended some of their flights until season is up and running again) Airtran also flys into the beach. Guess once you arrived you would probably want a car to drive anyway...so driving may not be a bad option.

Have a good time! :)

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
296 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral Beach

Just a suggestion...there have been other posts about Coral Beach...you can type in Coral Beach under the search forum section. Maybe you would find other helpful info. that way and MBconceirge always has great advice and replied to your post with info. too.

New England
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coral Beach

Thank you both for your input. We will be driving as flying adds so much more cost to the trip and we have driven as far as VA beach without difficulty. Thank you also Kelly for letting me know about putting in specific topics to search. I had no idea you could do that and it makes it much easier to search. We are looking forward to coming down. It just can't come soon enough!

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coral Beach

Coral Beach is a Great option.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coral Beach

Coral Beach is a Great option.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coral Beach

Hi Zeldie!

We just recivied our conformation in the mail for the second week of September! We stayed there last September and had a wonderful time! They have a points system and because we were there last year we earned 4 free nights for this time. So how could we NOT return! We'll be there 8 nights for only $600!! You'd love the Coral Beach and so will your children...so much to do right there at the resort...as others have posted, lots of pools and hot tubs, play area and arcade for the kids and the pool bar and music everyday for the adults. But where ever you choose I know you'll have a great time at Myrtle Beach! Have fun!

Illinois
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Coral Beach

We are also considering Coral Beach Resort for June. I currently have reservations for Compass Cove but am seriously considering switching. I made the reservations 2 months ago and have yet to receive anything in the mail. When I call to inquire, they are less than helpful.

Anyway, my main concern with Coral Beach is the condition of the rooms. I know MBConcierge mentioned they have done renovations inside and out but was just wondering if all the rooms have been updated. When I spoke to Coral Beach a few weeks ago, she said there will be no renovating going on in June (which was another concern of mine.) She said they are doing renovations NOW because it is off-season. Any comments as to room conditions?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coral Beach

When we stayed there last year the rooms was nice like always. We just got back from the beach and Coral beach did not have any rooms now due to renovations so the rooms will be fine. They look like the picture on the websites.

New England
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coral Beach

HI Suezeeque,

When I called the Coral Beach last weekend to make our reservation, the people I spoke to on the phone were very nice and accomodating. They answered each of my questions without any hesitation.

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach