We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

myrtle beach golf

ct
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
myrtle beach golf

any suggestions on the big cats(lions paw,panther run,tigers eye and lepords chase)curios about their condition. Also thinking of sea trail

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: myrtle beach golf

Have never played any of these courses, Tony may chime in but understand that course conditions do change throughout the year, what was great last month may be good this month.

Gary

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: myrtle beach golf

Played Tigers Eye last year. Great course and highly recommend it!!

ct
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: myrtle beach golf

Thanks, we are playing all 4 cats and 3 seatrail in 4 days. Figure less travel between morning rounds and afternoon rds. Late april lotta golf cant wait

ct
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: myrtle beach golf

Thanks, we are playing all 4 cats and 3 seatrail in 4 days. Figure less travel between morning rounds and afternoon rds. Late april lotta golf cant wait

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: myrtle beach golf

I will be there in late May! not hitting the cats this year but I hear that they are all really great. You will love Tiger's Eye!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: myrtle beach golf

First of all Gary is right on about conditions sometimes changing thru out the year.I checked out the MBgolftalk forum site and someone posted about Lions Paw on Dec.29 and said it was good and the greens putted great.When I played there 2 years ago greens were horrible but have since been redone.

Lions Paw IMO is the most difficult of the four.My favorite is Tigers Eye.Many of the greens are over water and framed by big boulders giving them a great visual effect.Panthers Run may be the most generous off the tee.Leopards Chase is their premier course.The last 4 or 5 holes on the back nine are outstanding especially the waterfall framed greens.

Sea Trail Jones is a great layout and their premier course.Never played Byrd and played Maples many,many years ago.Get to the Jones clubhouse early and take advantage of their great chipping and sand trap practice area.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: myrtle beach golf

Did you say you are playing 7 courses in 4 days?? Better bring along lots of that 4 hr. energy drink I see advertised on TV.

ct
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: myrtle beach golf

we arrive wednesday and play 36 thur,36 fri,36 sat then 18 on sunday and go home. some guys are gonna play wednesday if they get in early enough(oyster bay?). Used to it after a couple of years. Also any close restaraunt choices, someone mention Umbertos at barefoot and Boundary house.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: myrtle beach golf

Some very good fried shrimp at Crab Catchers in Little River on the river.I believe there is an Umbertos in Little River next to a marina on 17.Theres also an Irish bar near Cypress Bay on 17S ,I believe it might be Pats.Help me out on the name,Gary.

Some fine dining can be had at The Parsons Table in Little River.For breakfast you can try Little River Diner on 17.

Many restaurants in the town od Calabash.

Edited: 30 January 2012, 19:22
Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: myrtle beach golf

The Umberto's in Little River is gone, it's going to reopen in a couple of months by the folks who own The Boundary House in Calabash.

The other 2 choices by Tony are good and for fine dining I would add The Brentwood in Little River.

I think it is Pat's but I have never stopped in.

I would think y'all are staying up that way so, yes you can't go wrong at Boundary House and across the street is one of the oldest places in Calabash called Beck's.

Gary

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach