We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BEST seafood buffet in Myrtle Beach

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, Canada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
BEST seafood buffet in Myrtle Beach

OK..so where do I go for the BEST seafood buffet in Myrtle Beach? I am the only member of the family who will even LOOK at seafood so it has to have other offerings too.

Any suggestions?

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,295 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BEST seafood buffet in Myrtle Beach

Just my opinion, but if you are the only seafood lover in the family, would you not be better off to go to one of the sit down restaurants where they serve great seafood and other choices ? The seafood is better when prepared just before being brought to your table, prepared in smaller lots and served as soon as cooked. At the buffets, your preferred items may have been sitting on the line for some time. The only plus I see for the mega buffets is being able to sample a wider choice of items in one sitting.

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
236 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BEST seafood buffet in Myrtle Beach

You can't go wrong with Capt. George's or The Original Benjamin's. Both offer a ton of sea food as well as lots of options for the land lubbers. Capt. George's has a better atmosphere but Benjamin's has slightly better food. If you are planning on going during the summer, get there early or be prepared to wait for a seat at both places but especially Benjamin's. They've been around for a long time and have a large following.

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BEST seafood buffet in Myrtle Beach

I completely agree with nanajayne. The food is much better at a good cook-to-order restaurant. Besides, the seafood buffets are insanely expensive if you don't eat seafood.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BEST seafood buffet in Myrtle Beach

My opinion is if you love shrimp, clams and especially snow crab legs thay are worth it. The 3 best are Captain Georges, Original Benjamins and Crabby Mikes.

If it is fish that you are mainly looking for then I agree wiyh nanajayne.But if its the shellfish you crave give it a go.The dessert bars can be very good also.

If the rest of your family hates fish you might try Sea Capttains House,Chestnut Hill or Landrys. If you feel like taking a drive Drunken Jacks is very popular. For take out there is Mr. Fish.

Edited: 23 February 2012, 16:17
Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
236 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BEST seafood buffet in Myrtle Beach

I have to disagree with "insanely expensive". For example, the Capt George's buffet is $31 per adult (without any discounts or coupons that are easy to find). They offer prime rib among the many other non fish options. Granted, the prime rib isn't going to be top shelf quality but I've had it and it's pretty good. I don't think you'll be hard pressed to find a place you can get all you can eat/buffet prime rib for $31 per person. I my mind, the non fish sides and deserts are worth the price. Just my 2 cents.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,332 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BEST seafood buffet in Myrtle Beach

How good can food that is pre cooked and placed in trays be? It's fun to see the selection but if you want very good food, avoid buffets and have it cooked to order.Also its not just the fact that the food sits in warming trays, there are other reason. Buffets don't pretend to offer the best quality, it's quanity also buffet chefs are not as highly paid or trained or as good as many restuarant chefs. They can be fun and diverse but your not getting great quaility

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BEST seafood buffet in Myrtle Beach

Crabby Mikes is our favorite out of the three mentioned above. I happen to agree with the others that sit down restaurants of you are just going in for fish and shrimp, but if you want a varitey such as calabash seafood and crab legs then the buffet is going to be your best option. We ate at Southern Suppers one night. They have less of a varitey than the big buffets but their items other than crab legs were better. There was not many people eating crab legs there so they were cool and soggy.

Cedar Point, North...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BEST seafood buffet in Myrtle Beach

We prefer Captain Georges, but only go in the summer when the food is replenished often. In the winter, the items can sit a while and we skip the buffets.

Cheraw, South...
Level Contributor
21 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BEST seafood buffet in Myrtle Beach

Our family favorite is Original Benjamins. We have ate hear off season, and agree with some of the others. Not as much selection, and they have a hard time keeping the crab legs hot and fresh. We love the buffet, but if there are not crab leg lovers in your group, I would not spend the money on a buffet.

Covington, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BEST seafood buffet in Myrtle Beach

I totally disagree!! We visited Myrtle Beach area for the 1st time in May, 2012. Everyone wants a Good Seafood Restraunt. We stopped at this place to eat dinner. The waiters were very rude! We werent told about the Menu or the enormous price of 29.95 Each until we were seated and by then, it was too embarrassing to walk out. The food was absolutely horrible. The crab was overcooked and the rest of the fish was old and everything else tasted old. We never were asked if the meal was ok or served more beverage. We got took!!!! Dont go here. It was a horrible experience!!!!

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach