We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

<<<??? The beach>>>

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Albany, New York
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
<<<??? The beach>>>

I plan on going to MB in mid April. All the beach front hotels seem to have one kind of umbrella all lined up in aperfect row. Is this just for show? Is there a company that puts these up or the City of MB do this?

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: <<<??? The beach>>>

The umbrellas are probably those set up by lifeguards and are for rent.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,282 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: <<<??? The beach>>>

The umbrellas and chairs underneath are put up by the lifeguards that are hired by the City of Myrtle Beach. They are for rent. $20-25 a day. They put them up each morning.....around 8-9-ish...and take them down each day at 5. (I think) No...its not for show! Its hard work putting those things up and then taking them down and storing them. You can bring your own umbrellas....just do not set them up in front of the ones the lifeguards have put up....it can block their view of the ocean.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: <<<??? The beach>>>

Are the life gaurds out in full force in April? Will I have to set my umbrella up early to get a front row spot?

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: <<<??? The beach>>>

They start setting some up on the weekends in April but it is not as many out there as they would normally have in the summer.

5. Re: <<<??? The beach>>>

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 00:17