We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Vacation stays!!

Manchester, Ohio
4 posts
Save Topic
Cheap Vacation stays!!

I am looking for somewhere as cheap as possible for my family to stay on the beach if anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated!

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,349 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Vacation stays!!

What is your time frame, number of people in family, number of bedrooms needed ?Or just a hotel room ? More info would help get recommendations.

Manchester, Ohio
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Vacation stays!!

Anytime between June-Aug .. We have 6 in our group

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,371 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Vacation stays!!

Take a look at the Admiral Inn and the Cherry Tree Inn. I have walked past both and they are no frills but the reviewers seem to like them. The Admiral is on the south end of the Boardwalk and will allow you to walk to attractions and restaurants and bars, The Cheery Tree is further north around 50th and in a nice section,however, there is not much to walk to but you are around other resorts. Good luck

4. Re: Cheap Vacation stays!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 February 2012, 23:40
Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap Vacation stays!!

The Aqua Inn seems to be a decent 2nd row hotel from what I have seen and read online.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap Vacation stays!!

CHEAP? SO are you okay with old and run down or small and few amenities. I hear that all the time I need something inexpensive, so I go over options and I hear but I want a pool, I want to see the ocean, I want an indoor pool, I don't want a unit that hasn't been updated in 20 yrs! Homeowners this year are feeling more optimistic and are not as "discount" happy as they have been past 2 yrs. You have options especially in Myrtle Beach for less expensive, so if the beach is your only requirement and you don't mind 2nd row, you should find some decent options.

southern ontario
Level Contributor
931 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap Vacation stays!!

If you want to save money, try the Waikiki Village. It's a 5o's style mom and pop place across the road from the beach. It has a clean pool and jacuzzi along with a shuffleboard court. Inexpensive, quiet and well cared for, rooms with a fridge or a whole kitchen. NAYY- have stayed there several times when on a budget.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,636 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap Vacation stays!!

Hart 1's point is well made. And as I have said before you want to see expensive come and rent on the Jersey shore.

Howell, NJ
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap Vacation stays!!

Try renting a condo in North Myrtle

www.northmyrtlebeachtravel.com/

www.grandstrandvacations.com/

www.condorent.com/

www.condolux.net/

www.condo-world.com/

www.century21thomas.com/?ref=MBI

www.beachcombervacations.com/

www.palmettovacationrentals.com/

www.southerncoastvacations.com/

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,911 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap Vacation stays!!

Some of the 2nd row..(across the street from the beach) hotels are very nice and will have everything you want. Even an ocean view. And..sometimes the walk to the beach is shorter than if you stayed in one of those mega resorts that are ocean front. Two places mentioned...Aqua Beach Inn...and Waikikii Village look pretty good.