We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to Wow Guests with Great Seafood & Nightlife

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Want to Wow Guests with Great Seafood & Nightlife

My Husband & I are vacationing in Myrtle Beach for one week in mid March. Recently we agreed to have a co-worker of my husband's & his wife join us there the 1st 2 nights. I have never met this couple but I offered to make the decisions for restaurants & entertainment. I want to choose well. One night we'll have dinner at Romanos. It sounds great. The 2nd night I'm trying to decide on a seafood restaurant. There are so many that it's hard to decide . I also need suggestions for entertainment. Bands, piano bars , reviews etc. My husband & I are planning on eating at Mama Rue's Blues Garden while we're there but maybe later in the week as I don't know our guests well enough to know if they enjoy the food or entertainment there. Thanks for your help.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to Wow Guests with Great Seafood & Nightlife

Crocadile rocks at Broadway At The Beach has a dueling piano's theme.

Not familiar with either of the 2 restaurants you mentioned. Sea Captains House is a big favorite as is Drunkin Jacks in Murrells Inlet.

Actually my favorite show is Good Vibrations at The Carolina Oprey.

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to Wow Guests with Great Seafood & Nightlife

You're right, there's a lot of good seafood places in the area. For a high WOW factor in Murrells Inlet, I'd recommend Divine Fish House - upscale ambiance, good service, excellent views of the Inlet from most tables, and very good food. Since Pawleys Island is obviously within your driving range, Frank's has a certain WOW factor, and very upscale for this area.

If you're up for a little longer drive, River Room and Rice Paddy in Georgetown are both excellent. River Room's views are a little better, while Rice Paddy is a little more toward fine dining, although the food in both rate high. Georgetown, SC's third oldest town, is a pleasant contrast to MB. If the weather is nice, Front Street, where both restaurants are located, and the adjoining HarborWalk are great places for a pre-dinner or post-dinner stroll. We enjoy taking guests down there because it's so different from the usual MB experience.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Want to Wow Guests with Great Seafood & Nightlife

Thank you Pawley's Dude & Tonymick, My husband & I will drive to Charleston mid-week by ourselves, We are thinking of dining at River Room or Rice Paddy on our way back to Myrtle Beach.. Good Vibrations looks like a good show. My kind of music. It's performances are Tuesday & Friday only & our guests will be there Sat & Sun. How would you rate Lee's Inlet VS Divine Fish House? Anymore entertainment ideas, bands or singers at bars etc?

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,353 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Want to Wow Guests with Great Seafood & Nightlife

I would go to the Sea Catains house which is oceanfront at 30th St on Ocean Blvd and that is only 1.3 miles from Broadway at the beach which offers very good nightlife including Crocidile Rocks which is the dueling piano's.

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Want to Wow Guests with Great Seafood & Nightlife

Lee's Inlet Kitchen is good, simple food; Divine's is a special night out. Divines is more uptown dining with nice views of the Inlet, and the entrees are more complex preparation. Lee's has been around forever, offering "a journey back in time" (their description). Their restaurant does not offer any views. I'm not knocking Lee's, and it is very popular. It's just a different dining experience.

Normally, I'd recommend strolling the MarshWalk in Murrells Inlet after dinner, and enjoy any number of live bands coming from the restaurants and bars. On Monday or Tuesday in mid-March, there may not be many bands to choose from, and the weather for an outdoor stroll may be iffy. Unfortunately, DeadDog Saloon, one of the best choices for live music on the MarshWalk, burned last week and will not re-open anytime soon. I agree that Broadway at the Beach or Market Commons may be your best bet for live music during your visit.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Want to Wow Guests with Great Seafood & Nightlife

If you're going to be in Murrell's Inlet area, Drunken jack's has the best ambience and the finest hushpuppies anywhere. The puppies alone will be worth the trip. Lee's I think has a little better food, but is across the street and thus you don't have an ocean view. We wouldn't miss either though on any vacation and they have been standards for us for years. Sea Captain's House is another standard for us too. Great ambience, right on the ocean, and walking distance of the boardwalk and some shopping etc. oh yah my wife's favorite food.

binghamotn, ny
Level Contributor
148 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Want to Wow Guests with Great Seafood & Nightlife

Sea Captain's House has my vote. Love that place....

8. Re: Want to Wow Guests with Great Seafood & Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 00:41