We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"THE" bbq Place

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,720 posts
2,408 reviews
Save Topic
"THE" bbq Place

What is the name of that BBQ place that is in between Conway and Myrtle..its saposed to be great.

Mentioned in this post
Conway
Conway
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "THE" bbq Place

I'm an incurable bbq addict, and have never run into any around here that I considered great. Good bbq requires time, patience, and room for an outdoor smokehouse, none of which is consistent with restaurants in this area.

The only place between Conway and MB that comes to mind is Big D's, near the old Waccamaw Pottery / HardRock theme park area. The best recommendations I can offer for good bbq without driving well inland is Prosser's in Murrells Inlet or Radd Dew's in Conway. Both are buffets and both feature an Eastern NC style bbq, using a vinegar and red pepper sauce. Both have a little kick but are not over the top, heatwise.

Edited: 26 February 2012, 23:44
Mentioned in this post
Conway
Conway
Murrells Inlet
Murrells Inlet
Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "THE" bbq Place

We've heard great things about Little Pigs BBQ, but haven't had a chance to visit. It's on the Hwy 17 bypass around 61st Ave North. Here are some TripAdvisor reviews: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54359-d10…

Mentioned in this post
Little Pigs BBQ
Little Pigs BBQ
47 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
10,503 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "THE" bbq Place

Agree with Little Pigs. I haven't been there, but relatives have and they went back a couple of times during their trip. Loved it.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,720 posts
2,408 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "THE" bbq Place

Thanks..you have given me some spots to check out.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
4,039 posts
418 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "THE" bbq Place

Little Pigs is just OK and nothing to get excited about.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,377 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "THE" bbq Place

Whatever happened to Pig & Chicken in Murrell's Inlet? Can't understand why they disappeared?

7. Re: "THE" bbq Place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 21:16