We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pirates Cove or Medieval Times?

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pirates Cove or Medieval Times?

Going to MB next week with small kids. 4, 3 and newborn. Which show would be better for the kids. They are both expensive and therefore would like to go to just one this time.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pirates Cove or Medieval Times?

Kudos for wanting to expose your children to different types of entertainment but considering ages, meals served and the type of offerings by both of these, I think the kids would get more from Le Grande Cirque or another type of show.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pirates Cove or Medieval Times?

Skip them both. At the ages of 4 & 3 I think you would be spending too much money.

Take them instead to Alligator Adventure and then eat at Hamburger Joes,Johnny Rockets or Wild Wing Cafe, all of which are close by.

As an adult I found Pirates Voyage very boring and 6 yr old grand daughter liked it while 8 yr. old did not.

Cheraw, South...
Level Contributor
21 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pirates Cove or Medieval Times?

We have been to both. For the ages of your children, I would say Pirates Cove. I personally think a 3 & 4 year old would love it! It is expensive, but I am pretty sure your 3 year old could get in free if you say he/she will be sitting on your lap. There will be plenty of room for the child to sit beside you, and 4 meals for your family would be way to much food! The food is good and plentiful! You will enjoy it too!

Cheraw, South...
Level Contributor
21 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pirates Cove or Medieval Times?

Sorry, I meant Pirate's Voyage!

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Pirates Cove or Medieval Times?

Thanks everyone! All this info is very informative. I have also read other peoples trip reports. My girls love mermaids and think Pirates Voyage will be our familly choice even though I'm sure it will be cheesy for the adults. But where else in canada would our girls be able to experience this. I'm only going for the food :) We are also travelling with my brother and his 2 boys so this is a good mix for all.

watertown
Level Contributor
57 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pirates Cove or Medieval Times?

Stay far away from pirates voyage!

indiana
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pirates Cove or Medieval Times?

I took my children last year (ages 3 and 7) and they both loved Pirate's Voyage. We are going to MB again this summer and both kid's asked if we could go to that cool pirate show again.

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Pirates Cove or Medieval Times?

We're back from MB and Pirates Voyage was a hit. The girls couldn't keep their eyes off the show. They became really excited when the mermaids came out to sing. Too bad we only saw them once during the show.

My hubby and I really had a lot of fun too! The food was okay. Could be better but I'm not complaining. I think it was worth it.

I dressed my girls up like princesses with tiaras and dress up clothes. I even picked up some play spongee swords. The group of us tried to be part of the show and that made the experience better. Even my 18 year old son enjoyed it!

Thank you everyone for your comments

Edited: 06 April 2012, 06:38
9. Re: Pirates Cove or Medieval Times?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2013, 10:17